Which Klipsch Product Should I be looking at ?

augustya30

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Product recommendation from you the community here, from the range of speakers that Klipsch has to offer ?

So I am looking out for Speakers purely for Music Listening, to stream music wirelessly (Not Bluetooth but Wi-Fi) over my iPad and iPhone using different Music Streaming websites and APPS. I already am using a wireless product which is a wireless Sound Bar kind of thing from JBL called the L8 it has 4 drivers two woofers of 30WATTS each so 60 Watts of woofer, and 60 watts of tweeters. It has some reasonable amount of BASS, but it still lacks BASS for my kind of Taste, which I want Earth Shattering, Ground Shaking BASS. I want that Ground Shaking kind of BASS. I am gonna be using it in a room of 150 Square Feet. Which of Klipsch product would you guys recommend and why ?

And I do like Convenience and comfort of having a wireless system as opposed to a traditional wired system of yester years.

So finally after reading everything what can you guys recommend ? Can you guys recommend something from the Klipsch product line which will give me a Earth Shattreing BASS, and a absolutely rocking night club kind of feel ! Which is playing some high Progressive House kind of Music with some Solid, Humongous BASS ! What kind of solution can you suggest me from the Klipsch product line up.

I want a Night Club, Disco Club, kind of feel at my home in my room !!

Thanks in Advance !

15 hours ago, willland said:

@augustya30,

Welcome(back) to the forum.

Do you have a max $$$ you can spend for these speakers?

What will be your amplification or are you waiting to get speakers first?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I am absolutely novice to this, So I really do not know how to answer you ? when you ask me what would be my amplification ? so I do not know what on God's Holy Earth that means ? Please use a layman language with me :rolleyes: pardon me for that :) I want to keep up the set up as minimum as possible, meaning wireless, not wires and cables lying down on the floor and stuff, I want to keep the setup as minimum as possible, with the only exception perhaps maybe I can give some space for the Sub-Woofer but other than that, I want to keep the set up as minimum as possible, because I am gonna use this speaker set up to mostly to listen to Music. And I am gonna keep it in my bedroom, so cant allocate more space for it. Absolutely Yes ! I do have Budget constraints. I am looking for the best possible solution, the best that I can get while keeping the cost as low as possible ! Please tell me now ?

Thanks !

Edited by augustya30

Your question made me smile as it reminded me a bit of the episode in Breaking Bad when Jesse went and bought a Club sound system for his smallish living room.

Anyway, not to sound like a snob but good hi-fidelity speakers aren't supposed to accentuate any frequency range, including bass - this includes Klipsch.   If you're looking for "earth shattering bass, humongous, ground-shaking night club" type bass, then you're probably not that interested in accuracy.

As such, I would recommend you peruse websites that sell dance club sound systems, since that is the type of sound you're most interested in.  Because these are engineered more for volume than accuracy, you may find you can get away spending a lot less than you would on, say, a pair of Cornwalls or RF-7iii's etc..  Take a look at B&H photo website.  A pair of PA speakers and matching subs could probably be bought for less than $2000, and most of these are powered, so you wouldn't need an amp.

Take a look at this one page on their website.  Two Behringer PA speakers and a matching sub would cost less than $1000.  My personal opinion is that it would sound borderline awful, but that is also my personal opinion of the "thumpy" Disco sound you seem to be going for (sorry). 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?setNs=p_OVER_ALL_RATE|1&Ns=p_OVER_ALL_RATE|1&ci=12322&srtclk=sort&N=3992462025

These speakers are powered so no amp required.  ..Simply plug in a wireless bluetooth music adapter ($40-50) or an Amazon Echo, and you can stream music from your iPad, etc...

lastly, a pic of Jesse's system:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.57.25 AM.png

22 hours ago, augustya30 said:

I want that Ground Shaking kind of BASS. I am gonna be using it in a room of 150 Square Feet. Which of Klipsch product would you guys recommend and why ?

Given your priorities in sound, you want a sub-woofer and I would recommend at least two.  Some people who like room shaking deep bass run four and even eight subs, the larger the better.  For you I would recommend at least 15" subs and 18"s would be better.

What is your budget for speakers, and your budget for subs?  In what state or area do you live?

You are probably not looking for Klipsch.  Earth Shattering, dance club bass in neither accurate, nor "Klipsch".  However, Klipsch Cinema products are capable of such, if you have the room.  https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/KPT-1802-HLS-Data-Sheet-v04.pdf

That 1802 can make the air hard to breathe. 

High quality speakers require wires to efficiently transfer power from the amplifiers to the speakers and to avoid static and interference.  High quality preamplifiers and amplifiers require cables to transfer the signal from the source (ipod, cd player) to the preamp and then to the power amp without noise or static.  You can reduce the number of cables by choosing a receiver (sometimes with a reduction in sound quality).  Wires and cables are NOT yesteryear.  :rolleyes:  

An Integra networked receiver may be a good solution for your "amplification".

http://www.integrahometheater.com/Products/model.php?m=DTM-7&class=Receiver&source=prodClass

Yamaha makes similar products.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n803/specs.html#product-tabs

There are others that make connected receivers and integrated amplifiers, too. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Two bookshelf speakers, and a good sub with a 2 ch stereo receiver.

Wireless, I have no idea, to me it's asking for future problems or interruptions,  me it's worth having a couple wires going to a speaker to guarantee it plays every time I want it to. 

Sorry but no small cheap speaker will have the bass you want in a small size,(it's a physics thing) it's why I said bookshelves and a sub for the bass your looking for. If you find a small inexpensive speaker with bass like you said, it's not going to have any kind of quality sound at all. Like a car with the trunk rattling with all bass and you can't even hear the music to tell what song is playing.

I'm not saying I don't like bass, I do, my sub would take up half your room and the 2 speakers would not fit in your room.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Your question made me smile as it reminded me a bit of the episode in Breaking Bad when Jesse went and bought a Club sound system for his smallish living room.

lastly, a pic of Jesse's system:

I must have club in my living room if that's what that is, but I have to say I am not a clean freak but I have him beat by a mile.:o

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dtel said:

Two bookshelf speakers, and a good sub with a 2 ch stereo receiver.

Sorry but no small cheap speaker will have the bass you want in a small size,(it's a physics thing) it's why I said bookshelves and a sub for the bass your looking for.

That is what I have been persistently and repeatedly told by a lot of people that with the kind of Soeaker that you are using which is also kind of Soundar minus the external Sub, since it Ida compact speaker including woofer it may perhaps not give that kind of feel to you as two speakers and an external sub would give you. So I completely with you. I agree but just need to find the right solution, keeping the cost low.

Anyway, not to sound like a snob but good hi-fidelity speakers aren't supposed to accentuate any frequency range, including bass - this includes Klipsch.   If you're looking for "earth shattering bass, humongous, ground-shaking night club" type bass, then you're probably not that interested in accuracy.

Ok, firstly though I am looking out for kind of speakers which I would mostly use to and listen to by stream img some Progressive House and Techno Music from sites like Spotify and Apple Music, But having said that I do enjoy listening to Rock, Jazz and Pop music aswell. My first exposure to Klipsch Speakers was 10 years back, when I had heard the Klipsch Promedia GMX 2.1 Jesus Christ what kind of amazing beast was that !! Holy Cow ! I have never ever...ever..in my life ever heard a speaker which had a BASS like that, it would literally make me feel goosebumps in my stomach, and that is how I fell in love with Klipsch as a speaker company. So the point I am trying to make is I am looking out for a truly versatile speaker which is mostly tilted towards heavy BASS, but can deliver an all round performance in any genre of Music. So I want to differ with you in opinion when you say I should not be looking at Klipsch Speakers atall. In fact Klipsch is the Bid Daddy of Haevay Bass sounding Speakers is what I feel. How would this combo work out, Klipsch a reference R-15PM + 10" inch Sub+Woofer or the Klipsch Sixes + an external Sub (I need to decide on what sub would be adequate for me, haven't completely freezed that) So I do not agree with you and @JohnA that I should not be looking at Klipsch !

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Given your priorities in sound, you want a sub-woofer and I would recommend at least two.  Some people who like room shaking deep bass run four and even eight subs, the larger the better.  For you I would recommend at least 15" subs and 18"s would be better.

What is your budget for speakers, and your budget for subs?  In what state or area do you live?

I would at the Max only want One Sub-Woofer which is good enough, as I wanna use it in my bedroom. My budget is the best $700 closing at that, but in exceptional cases Maxed out to $1K for the entire set up including the Sub-Woofer.

Edited by augustya30

3 minutes ago, augustya30 said:

Ok, firstly though I am looking out for kind of speakers which I would mostly use to and listen to by stream img some Progressive House and Techno Music from sites like Spotify and Apple Music, But having said that I do enjoy listening to Rock, Jazz and Pop music aswell. My first exposure to Klipsch Speakers was 10 years back, when I had heard the Klipsch Promedia GMX 2.1 Jesus Christ what kind of amazing beast was that !! Holy Cow ! I have never ever...ever..in my life ever heard a speaker which had a BASS like that, it would literally make me feel goosebumps in my stomach, and that is how I fell in love with Klipsch as a speaker company. So the point I am trying to make is I am looking out for a truly versatile speaker which is mostly tilted towards heavy BASS, but can deliver an all round performance in any genre of Music. So I want to differ with you in opinion when you say I should not be looking at Klipsch Speakers atall. In fact Klipsch is the Bid Daddy of Haevay Bass sounding Speakers is what I feel. How would this combo work out, Klipsch a reference R-15PM + 10" inch Sub+Woofer or the Klipsch Sixes + an external Sub (I need to decide on what sub would be adequate for me, haven't completely freezed that) So I do not agree with you and @JohnA that I should not be looking at Klipsch !

Well, ok...  But the way you described it, heck, I thought you wanted Studio 54 in your home, or maybe Jesse Pinkman's set up :)  

If you loved the Promedia GMX setup, then you should be more than happy with the R-15PM and a Sub.  ..Or if budget allows, Consider Heritage Heresy's.  ANY inexpensive A/V receiver would do just fine driving the Heresy's.  

5 minutes ago, augustya30 said:

My budget is the best $700 closing at that, but in exceptional cases Maxed out to $1K for the entire set up including the Sub-Woofer.

OK, just to be clear, you are looking at $700 budget for L/R speakers and sub.  Do I have that right? 

And, do you need an Audio Video Receiver (AVR) or do you have one?  If you have one, what is the model?

I like to stay in budget so it's OK to work within that range.  Are you open to pre-owned or DIY?  If you are open to pre-owned (to maximize your budget bang-for-the-buck) in what area do you live?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

R15Ms are nice entry level. I am enjoying mine.   I have seen some Forte on cl for around $800. A lot more speaker for the money. May not need to sub.

We are thinking along the same lines. 

To back up a bit from the specific to the general, is it better to spread $700 between speakers and a sub, or get higher quality speakers which would support the bass slam the OP is looking for?

At that price point, depending on what he can find on the pre-used market it might be better to look for a high quality speaker with full-range capabilities and add a sub at a later time.

Depending on where you live @augustya30 there are deals out there if you have cash in hand and can move fast when a deal pops up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

OK, just to be clear, you are looking at $700 budget for L/R speakers and sub.  Do I have that right? 

And, do you need an Audio Video Receiver (AVR) or do you have one?  If you have one, what is the model?

I like to stay in budget so it's OK to work within that range.  Are you open to pre-owned or DIY?  If you are open to pre-owned (to maximize your budget bang-for-the-buck) in what area do you live?

I am not in the U.S I am in India, I am travelling next month to New Jersey can pick it up in that visit. I do not think I can go for a seperate AMO or AVR simply do not have the space, we are talking about placing these in bedroom so want to keep as minimalistic as possible. And plus I do not even know and what role does it play in setting up a speaker system,  no I do not have any of those. from all I know I can either be looking at two self powered satellite speakers and a wireless Sub or how does this Option sound to you guys, getting a Soundbar and a Seperate Sub, the reason I say Soundbar is, because it very much would play the same role and occupy the same avatar  as my current JBL L8 which is also a kind of  Soundar only (You can call it that)but with a dedicated Sub-Woofer, so that should make a world of difference right ? My other feeling is, I see that all the Klipsch speakers the outer aesthetics is not very contemporary it is all retro looking, grunge looking exterior and grill which is kind of "MEH" to be very frank and so how to install them i.e. Wall mount them or make them stand would also be a factor I will have to consider and I would also like to add an AirPlay to it.

Edited by augustya30