New B-Stock La Scalas II's. 2prs avail. $5600

ODS123

50 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

There's no reason to pay full list for any speaker. The dealer has a huge profit with full list.

Do you by default always offer outdoor kitchen gear, outdoor furniture, and wrought iron gates at big discounts?  When did we as a society decide that audio dealers shouldn't make much but most everything else is ok?  Have you ever thought about how much demo equipment costs, or considered how much shipping is over the course of a year?  Commercial space can be in the thousands per month, then you still gotta eat and pay the mortgage and still come up with $1,200 to $2,400 a month for stupid health insurance and haul speakers around with something other than a horse and buggy.  It's crazy hard to make a good living doing this, literally the hardest thing I've ever done.  I love it and it suits me but jeez, some people have no idea.  I literally had to have two jobs for three years then work regular 17 hours a day for months just to break into it, and that's with having a cozy software engineer job as the main one.  Did nobody notice all the audio shops that shut down after the internet took off and the recession hit?  You literally have to be half crazy to try to get into the business of selling speakers nowadays, mainly because of this sentiment, it's a non-stop race to the bottom and we have to actively seek out brands and lines that are more protected to keep profits up in order to survive.  Apparently that's a bad thing.  SMH.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
On 4/4/2018 at 7:44 PM, ODS123 said:

When and who?  ..Sorry, but I would want something more definitive before I'd conclude this guy is selling off-label.  What you're saying sounds like hearsay.

At minimum, I'd call the seller and ask for some evidence that warranty for these speakers would be honored by Klipsch.

added:  Heck, we're on the Klipsch website for goodness sake.  Can't someone from Klipsch take a look at the A-gon listing and tell us if it's bogus or not?

Your on the Klipsch Forum, there is a difference.  Klipsch employees don't read this stuff unless you give them a heads up like this @Chad.

But they are very busy.

Is someone really interested in buying.something?  If they are I will take the time and find out for sure what is up.

Travis

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Do you by default always offer outdoor kitchen gear, outdoor furniture, and wrought iron gates at big discounts?  When did we as a society decide that audio dealers shouldn't make much but most everything else is ok?  Have you ever thought about how much demo equipment costs, or considered how much shipping is over the course of a year?  Commercial space can be in the thousands per month, then you still gotta eat and pay the mortgage and still come up with $1,200 to $2,400 a month for stupid health insurance and haul speakers around with something other than a horse and buggy.  It's crazy hard to make a good living doing this, literally the hardest thing I've ever done.  I love it and it suits me but jeez, some people have no idea.  I literally had to have two jobs for three years then work regular 17 hours a day for months just to break into it, and that's with having a cozy software engineer job as the main one.  Did nobody notice all the audio shops that shut down after the internet took off and the recession hit?  You literally have to be half crazy to try to get into the business of selling speakers nowadays, mainly because of this sentiment, it's a non-stop race to the bottom and we have to actively seek out brands and lines that are more protected to keep profits up in order to survive.  Apparently that's a bad thing.  SMH.  

I know exactly what you mean, running any business is tough, I've done it for 24 years, but there is a difference between my business and yours. You supply a product, that is made elsewhere, I supply a service, my labor. I do not supply any of the appliances, furniture, I supply the masonry/concrete needed to create an outdoor kitchen, the homeowner supplies all the appliances. I supply the material and labor to build the recreation area. 

I have a good idea on the markup on speakers. If you sell a pair of RF7llls at full list, you make a fairly nice profit, but I know you give a very nice discount. You are walking a fine line of profit, but hope to sell more units to make a profit. I hope you make money, I want you to be in business after the sale. I'm sure competing against some of the big internet companies is tough, but everybody wants to save all they can. 

• Like 1

Margins vary in every segment of retail... razor thin at Wal-Mart and quite healthy at Macy's.

The pressures of online sales has also driven profit margins thinner and thinner as brick an mortar operations don't need expensive real estate expenses and other costs... but they rely on much higher volume and economies of scale to maintain and extend margins.

If any thing is to blame for margin pressures, it's the online market saturation.

• Like 1

Just so you know, "B stock" does not necessarily mean blemished.  Five years ago, I bought a pair of B stock La Scala IIs from their original owner, a fellow forum member.  In this case, the reason for the B stock designation was that the patterns of the wood on the bass sections didn't perfectly match that of the HF sections.

As the owner said to me, "I'm a woodworker, and the mismatch doesn't bother me."  I agreed, and after listening to the speakers, I happily paid the agreed-upon price, and brought them home.

They were immediately converted to 510 JubScala II spec, then last year I found a pair of K402 horns for the tweeters, and they're now 402 Jubscala IIs.  Right now, I'm listening to a favourite station on Net radio, and they're sounding great, as usual.

Jumping topics, I found music by a particular band sounded pretty good on Net radio, but after I bought the downloads of their triple-CD Greatest Hits and used Airplay to send it to the receiver, the sound was much better, with the words being much clearer.  Our ears are easily fooled sometimes.

• Like 1