Marantz 2230 won't power on suddenly, two years after total restoration -- where should I start?

Two years ago I bought a Marantz 2230 off a trusted eBay seller (R & S Wilhelm Recording) and it's been working beautifully...until last night. I came home from work and it just wouldn't power on, nothing happens when I hit the button.

With my limited knowledge, I have no idea where to start diagnosing the issue. I've already e-mailed the seller for tips too, but has anyone experienced this with a vintage Marantz before?

In case this is relevant, here's the full restoration details from the original eBay listing:

*'This receiver has had a full professional restoration, including the following:

Full recap of power supply, power amplifier, tone amplifier, phono amplifier, AM tuner, muting control, FM MPX stereo decoding, FM detector and FM IF amplifier boards (essentially every board in the unit).

General function electrolytic capacitors replaced and upgraded with quality Panasonic FC and Elna Silmic II caps.

Signal path capacitors replaced with Elna Silmic II and Panasonic ECW/ECQ film caps.

Large filter capacitor upgraded to Panasonic THA type, and by-passed with Panasonic ECW film cap.

Speaker coupling capacitors replaced with Panasonic THA type and by-pass with Panasonic ECW film caps.

Problematic 2SC458 transistors (found in phono and pre-amp) replaced and upgraded to 2SC2240 type.

AM/FM tuner aligned for peak performance.

Power transistors cleaned, re-greased and re-seated with new mica insulators.

Questionable solder joints re-flowed.

I've chosen to retain the incandescent dial lamps. I prefer their original look as the LED replacements look too intense to my eye.

Controls cleaned and lubricated with Caig's Deoxit and Caig's Faderlube. Variable capacitor cleaned with QD contact cleaner.

Voltage, bias and equal clipping adjusted to spec on power supply, main amp board and phono pre boards.' *

1 hour ago, Peter P. said:

Open the case and see if there's an internal line fuse, usually located near where the AC cord enters the case.

If plugged into a power strip with a built-n circuit breaker, push the reset button and turn the strip off, then on.

Here's hoping the problem is easy (and free) to reset.

+++

At the same time check your speaker wire to make sure there isn't a whisker with the wires touching where the wires go into the receiver triggering the circuit breaker or blowing a fuse.

I checked out the fuse on the back and it's definitely toast. Not sure what happened, but I'm going to order a replacement online and see if that works before I look for a repair place (I'm in NYC). Should I also look inside for them?

Based on the recommendation of the original Marantz seller, I need a 3Amp 250V fuse. I bought these but they're too short and skinny...does anyone know what length/width I need? Looking to buy on Amazon for prime shipping...

Somewhere on the fuse it might say if it's an AGC fuse or something else.  AGC fuses are about 1/4" diameter x 1-1/4" long like the ones in the link...

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-AGC-3-RP-Glass-Tube/dp/B0000AXOJW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1522964575&sr=8-2&keywords=3a+250v+fuse+agc

Isn't this fuse in a fuse holder on the back of the receiver?  If so, that should be your standard issue AGC fast blow fuse that you might be able to pick up at your local electrical supply store, auto parts store, etc.

You would be SURPRISED at just how many fuses some of the older receivers/integrated amps/amps actually have in VARIOUS places!...but all of them need to be checked, simply because one bad fuse may be the culprit that is causing one or more others to blow.

Use Google and pull up the Service manual:   https://www.vintageshifi.com/

You will find the service manual there for free in PDF download.

The best advice I can give anybody who owns and operates older electronics is to have a copy of the Owners manual AND the service manual...because you never know when you will need one or both of them.

As others stated, check fuses and try to get a hold of a service manual.   Even if you don't know a lot about electronics you should be able to check voltages at the power supply board based on the service manual and draw some conclusions.  Even If you've got a bad power supply board etc. you'll usually still have general illumination lights, so I'm guessing it's the power switch or a fuse.