Live Bald Eagle Cam

Ceptorman

• Moderators

They have one that lives a few miles from here, we see them sometimes flying around, I have never got a pic of that one. There were some where we lived in Louisiana also, one pair had a nest in a Cypress tree in the swamp by a park, the park service put in a pier about 300' long over the marsh so you could walk within a couple hundreds yard of that tree and see the nest on top.

The one in that pic was in Arkansas about 20 minutes from Hope at Rodney's where we have the Pilgrimage, it's about 100 acre lake with a lake house out in it with a driveway going to it, the property is over 600 acres. I was upstairs and looked out the window and seen him setting in that tree a couple hundred feet away. I took one pic through the window for proof and tried to sneak out on the upstairs balcony and got a few more before he flew off.

pic of lakehouse....you can see the trees behind it in the pic

rodneys_8_2015-125.JPG

pilgrimage_2015_(94).JPG

• Like 3

We have quite a few off the Fox River in Southwest Lake County IL.  Great to see these magnificent birds in good numbers once again.  Growing up as a pre-teen in the early to mid 70's Midwest you rarely saw deer, turkey, etc,  Unless you were in the North Woods of Wisconsin or Minnesota.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:
8 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I had no idea you have bald eagles in Mississippi.

dtel lives in Mississippi.....

Never thought I would ever say that, but it's true, and it's all because I'm cheap. :)

We moved 25 minutes North of where we both lived all of our lives in Louisiana and bought 6 acres for less than the price of a small subdivision lot where we were.

13 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I had no idea you have bald eagles in Mississippi.

There are a few nests where my brother lives south of Daytona Beach.  They're enormous.  We'll see the eagles in the trees around their their house from time to time as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

There are a few nests where my brother lives south of Daytona Beach.  They're enormous.  We'll see the eagles in the trees around their their house from time to time as well.

There was info about this same nest last year. It was 8' across and they estimated it weighed over 1000 lbs.