Unobtanium

Deang

That’s a good Scotch, but I also like the 18 year old Glenfiddich. 

I have never tried a Bourbon that I didn’t like. A surprisingly good Bourbon for the money is Bulleit. I preferred it to some things that cost much, much more. The Bulleit was just handed to me without knowing what it was - very good stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TFR1 said:

A 21 year old makes me very happy in so many ways.

Expensive enough to keep me from over indulging, and affordable enough to always satisfy my urges.

Don't tell my wife, but Glenlivet is my 2nd love.

--- yeah, no doubt a 21 year old would make me very happy, too. In sooo many ways ---. But at my advanced years my insurance company might actually look at that as a suicide ?!? In that scenario I'd be letting two people down - the 21 year old and my wife.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Deang said:

That’s a good Scotch, but I also like the 18 year old Glenfiddich. 

I have never tried a Bourbon that I didn’t like. A surprisingly good Bourbon for the money is Bulleit. I preferred it to some things that cost much, much more. The Bulleit was just handed to me without knowing what it was - very good stuff!

Yep.  Bulleit is an excellent bourbon.  I like their rye, too.  Eighteen y.o. Elijah Craig is my favorite, but is no longer bottled.  The 23 y.o. was a disappointment, for the price. 

elijahcraig-18.jpg

Ah bulliet. I bought a bottle several years ago because my wife needed some bourbon for a recipe. She only needed an ounce so i figured I would get something good to sip when she was done. I would not have expected it would turn me on to bourbon as my drink of choice. Since I have tried many bourbons and some delicious ryes. Bulliet rye is probably my first choice for a rye on a semi realistic budget. I have been scoring bulliet lately at 2/3 the local retail price though so I have been buying it more often. It’s too early in the day to be thinking about bourbon though.

I’m a rum guy (don’t hold it against me) lol

I saw this once 3 years ago locally $350. turns out it’s made, bottled & distributed from the island in small batches only. a buddy went there on vacation & brought me this one back. only cost $60. talk about one hell of a mark up

3D7D6E51-A12B-48B3-846A-D40E8C8D36DE.jpeg