New 2018 Barnett Predator

John Chi-town

Been bow hunting for over 30yrs and the old shoulder is starting to complain some every year. Going to go the crossbow route this year to keep me in the woods. 

That thing looks mean, going to put it on my list. Was looking at the Ghost till you posted this.

• Like 1

The state of Indiana just recently allowed crossbows for deer hunting. We have an overpopulation right now. They have also extended the length of deer season, the amount of personal kills, and opened up some state owned areas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The state of Indiana just recently allowed crossbows for deer hunting. We have an overpopulation right now. They have also extended the length of deer season, the amount of personal kills, and opened up some state owned areas.

Illinois lifted all restrictions on crossbows about a week before opening day last season,10/1.  We had late season only, unless 62+, or disabled.  Meaning end of first week of December to Mid January.

I have hunted South Eastern Indiana quite a bit, Switzerland County.  My in laws and wife are from I-65 and mile marker 20, more or less.  Great deer and turkey hunting.  :D

3 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Been bow hunting for over 30yrs and the old shoulder is starting to complain some every year. Going to go the crossbow route this year to keep me in the woods. 

That thing looks mean, going to put it on my list. Was looking at the Ghost till you posted this.

If you go to Barnett's website, they have 6 new 2018 models, downloadable catalog 2018 models is at bottom right corner of home page.  Website is  still showing 2017 models as 2018 will be released shortly.   

1 hour ago, John Chi-town said:

Illinois lifted all restrictions on crossbows about a week before opening day last season,10/1.  We had late season only, unless 62+, or disabled.  Meaning end of first week of December to Mid January.

I have hunted South Eastern Indiana quite a bit, Switzerland County.  My in laws and wife are from I-65 and mile marker 20, more or less.  Great deer and turkey hunting.  :D

Yea I heard there is pretty good hunting in the southern part of the state. My brother bought 60 acres around Paoli just to hunt. 

I frequent the southeast part of Indiana for the curvy roads on a motorcycle.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just got my new predator 2018, and it's truly a beast! I've harvested deer@75+yds.Its so fast and quiet they never know what hit them,but it has its drawbacks,as a hunting xbow it's one piece aluminum frame gets COLD fast and WARNING:do not shoot used arrows, I've blown up 3headhunters on the launch pad!!!!