Pro Audio Speaker Bags

rockhound

I recently aquired a couple pairs of kpt-=456's. One pair will be in the garage I would like to cover them when not in use. Can anyone recommend bags for these? I have blankets over them now which works but would like something a little better looking.

Great speakers, did you get these from Rescue Audio in St Louis? 

I don't know if Klipsch made covers for these, but maybe another Klipsch cover might work, could be hard to find though. You might try a company that makes guitar amp covers. I know a guy that had some made and they were priced better than I thought. Might look here....http://www.amplifiercovers.com

15 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Yes they are far exceeded my expectations. I think I'm going to go with cloudnine covers. Pat is easy to work with and the product is made in the good ole USA which I prefer.

Have you got a price yet?

I had considered that also like large furniture bags at uhaul. I wonder if moisture would be an issue? I live in a very humid area and the speakers would be covered for at least 2 weeks at a time so I would think they would need to breathe?

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

I had considered that also like large furniture bags at uhaul. I wonder if moisture would be an issue? I live in a very humid area and the speakers would be covered for at least 2 weeks at a time so I would think they would need to breathe?

Just use cardboard boxes like I do LOL.  No issues with mine.  I played them most of the weekend as I had projects in the driveway area Sat and Sun.

I doubt that humidity and the covers will be an issue.  Are they breathable?

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, rockhound said:

Yes they are far exceeded my expectations. I think I'm going to go with cloudnine covers. Pat is easy to work with and the product is made in the good ole USA which I prefer.

JWC, Kevin Harmon, and myself have cloud 9 covers for our KP-600 stacks  :D

• Like 1

I had some p.a. speakers at one time, without any covers. I had covers made at a tent and awning shop, with a fairly heavy canvas. It didn't cost much at all (can't remember exactly how much). They took measurements off of one of the cabinets. They even put flaps over the carry handles.

Bruce

• 3 months later...

Update** So  a fellow forum member made me a set of bags for the 456's. They are very well constructed and heavy duty, great craftsmanship. The price for these were very reasonable, as a matter of fact when I inquired about the price after they were test fitted he simply said "donate the proceeds to a charity of your choice". This forum is great and what makes it that way is the folks like this individual. Eye candy attached......

Klipsch_KPT456_Covers_Far.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/12/2018 at 11:21 AM, rockhound said:

The price for these were very reasonable, as a matter of fact when I inquired about the price after they were test fitted he simply said "donate the proceeds to a charity of your choice".

The Klipsch Museum of Audio History is a charitable non-profit and designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) corporation if you are looking for a charity and a really good cause.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, MookieStl said:

Not sure why you need dust covers in THAT garage!

Mookie it's dirty in that pic lol. Those 456's are my precious they provide endless hours of enjoyment while I piddle on things in the garage. One day I'll have a proper shop\Man Cave.

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, I have a few HEAVY clear plastic bags that were used inside of extra heavy duty cardboard shipping containers.  IF you're just looking for something to keep the dust off...  Pallet size and about 4' high.  You pay the shipping and they're yours.  Would be sweet and they last forever.  PM me if you're interested.  Before I retired I dragged them home to put leaves in, which never happened!  :)