Reliable Selectron 6V6GT tube manufacturer?

easyone

Does anyone happen to know what company manufactured the Reliable Selectron 6V6GT tube in the pics? Any help would be appreciated. My first guess would be GE because of the dots above and below the "6V6GT" lettering on the top of the tube. Does anyone know what the "AE 743" written on the base means?

a rel 01.jpg

a rel 02.jpg

a rel 03.jpg

a rel 04.jpg

16 hours ago, easyone said:

Does anyone happen to know what company manufactured the Reliable Selectron 6V6GT tube in the pics? Any help would be appreciated. My first guess would be GE because of the dots above and below the "6V6GT" lettering on the top of the tube. Does anyone know what the "AE 743" written on the base means?

a rel 01.jpg

a rel 02.jpg

a rel 03.jpg

a rel 04.jpg

RCA actually developed the Selectron tube.

35 minutes ago, easyone said:

Here is another tube that has me stumped. Anyone got a guess on this U78 tube's maker? No markings on the glass that I can find and just the U78 and "HB 9" painted in a box. Most likely not a USA brand. ????

b u79 01.jpg

b u79 02.jpg

http://www.vivatubes.com/identifying-vintage-nos-vacuum-tubes-by-brand-country-and-eia-code/

Thanks for the input. I have read that page on Vivatubes about ID methods. Still leaves me in the dark on these two tubes. I have read lots of stuff at radiomuseum.org and tubemuseum.org but there are always tubes that do not seem to be easily identified by the normal methods. I did see some info on a Selectron tube by RCA, but it was a memory device and not a 6V6 tube.