I Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate Those Crummy...

thebes

..ecop-wahtever, paper cd cover boxes. YOu know those thin little scummy things jsut a bit larger than a cd, that were supposed to save the palnet but ended up m,aking people so cross-eyed they'd lsot their snese of direction ,w ander into tar==raffic right in forn of the semi-trruck exit from the local oil refinery. The reuslting explosion set whole blocks on fire and caused penguisn 5000 miles way to grasp for breath.

Initial screed translated so you can understand it:

..Eco-whatever, paper cd cover boxes. You know those thin little scummy things just a bit larger than a cd, that were supposed to save the planet but ended up making people so cross-eyed they'd lost their sense of direction, wander into traffic right in front of the semi-truck exit from the local oil refinery. The resulting explosion set whole blocks on fire and caused penguins 5000 miles way to grasp for breath.

Cd's maybe dead but these little sleevy things live on, and as my eyes age, the little slips of paper can not be picked out from a stacks of cd's. The end result is that while I have a "Squirrel Nut Zippers" cd, I can't find the little fucker to play it.

Sure I did run across cardboard sleeve of Raphael Saadiq, which I love and thought lost forever, but it's like finding a 14 cent stamp between two pieces of paper long after stamps were made to last forever.

Beyond Grumpy to positively spitting mad Thebes

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And its difficult to find the good old jewel boxes. Not the thin ones, the originals. Not that they where much better,  pretty much every one ends up breaking..

So I found someone selling all their old unwanted CDs..  I don;t blame em.. mainly country music...   at less than what I could buy new jewel cases for...  like 50 of em for 20...   so  I have enough to last till I go deaf. 

:)

27 minutes ago, thebes said:

Jewel cases?

No, no NO!!!!!!!!!!

Excuuuuuuuuussse me! (in Steve Martin's 1978 voice):lol:.              I meant to say paper envelopes, but they are a super cheap case substitute to me. Forget the coffee, get some bourbon! Have a good one!

Think about it.They are so thin, I may have a hundred or so of them around. A cursory search quickly came up with an even dozen.

Some of the greatest music in creation may be hiding in plain site between two jewel cases.

• Like 2

Hey there sparky!  Rip those CD's to your computer then rip those cardboard sleeves and toss them in the recycle bin.  You have a better chance of finding your music buried deep in a folder of your computer than finding that disc you want... or don't know you want until you see it.  I piled all mine in plastic bins and stored them away for good (or bad... certainly ugly if I ever want to find anything).  

10 minutes ago, muel said:

better chance of finding your music buried deep in a folder of your computer than finding that disc you want..

Music is discovery, not a computer file. Just cause I can't find something and go onto something else, actually makes the journey more interesting.

• Like 3

I suck at remembering names... whether some acquaintance or name of a performer or band.  It's amazing I ever find what I'm looking for... I often don't find it but then I run into something else that keeps my ears happy.

• Like 2