I Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate Those Crummy...

thebes

Eco-wallets?  Is that what they call those things. What a crock.  Probably named by the same guys who put that special tape on cd jewel cases to prevent theft. In order to remove said tape you had to destroy the jewel case, cut your hands until they bled, and then the tape would promptly get stuck on something else, like finished wood, so you could pull off the finish when you tugged off the tape.

No wonder I'm a vinyls guy.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, seti said:

I like the digipaks, eco wallets, and jackets. I hate jewel cases 8- )

Just send them to me.

https://www.discmakers.com/products/

Are you on steroids???

Jewel cases SUCK!  I could start a land fill with the ones I have broken.

The best?  You buy a CD.  Hot to listen to it.  Ya get to the car and try to open the POS!  Try car keys, nail clippers, resort to breaking an empty beer bottle you found in the back seat........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IB Slammin said:

Jewel cases SUCK!  I could start a land fill with the ones I have broken.

The best?  You buy a CD.  Hot to listen to it.  Ya get to the car and try to open the POS!  Try car keys, nail clippers, resort to breaking an empty beer bottle you found in the back seat........

I used to love opening a new CD.

My 15 second procedure -

1. Take the back/hinge side of the CD case, rub the corner/edge of a counter, which quickly shreds the plastic wrap, comes off in seconds.

2. Now gently pry the two hinge "ears" of the "lid" of the case off, now you can quickly and easily peel off the sticky label whole - no tearing, no tears. 

3. ...

4. CD Freedom.  Amazed family and friends.  Music bliss ready to go when you get to your car for the ride home.

Ahhh fond memories of the 90's

Dern anal retentives.  You probably dust your records before you spin them. Use a napkin.  Say please and thank you. I hate patience and precision when a sturdy hammer is called for. And when is a sturdy hammer called for?  Much more often then it's used.

Just don't leave that claw hammer sittin' on top of your step ladder!

It might get used unintentionally and you'll set forth a deluge of blood from your skull like smoke out of a resistor or one of them thar' new fangled transistor doohickeys.  

But that was years ago and I'm feeling much better now. Some might say it was called for.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, thebes said:

Eco-wallets?  Is that what they call those things. What a crock.  Probably named by the same guys who put that special tape on cd jewel cases to prevent theft. In order to remove said tape you had to destroy the jewel case, cut your hands until they bled, and then the tape would promptly get stuck on something else, like finished wood, so you could pull off the finish when you tugged off the tape.

No wonder I'm a vinyls guy.

I'm worried about ya Thebes seems like your leaving the rails.... The good thing is now that CD prices are plumeting. Now is the time to by CDs while Vinyl prices soar.