What Happened to Vasubandu?

Ceptorman

I was wondering the same thing - haven't seen him post in a while.

I recognize his state of being, his way of thinking.  It seems a lot like full on ADD, and possibly medicated heavily to function in the "real world".  That doesn't change the way an ADD mind works.

One will hyper focus on the topic that is of interest, pouring tremendous mental energy into said topic.  But it passes, the lens shifts to another topic, and the cycle continues.  This topic may swing back around and we'll see him again.

I might be wrong of course, but I just wanted to share t......omg SQUIRREL!  bbl...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

he disappeared right after I returned from my hiatus ... maybe I was stealing his thunder and he didn’t like me. hope he’s okay.

I showed up just before he left... The same thought crossed my mind, too.

I can kinda relate to his patterns. Maybe I have better meds.:D

• Like 1

Well, he was getting some pushback here and understandably so, to stop sharing the journey and buy or build something already.   He then jumped over to AVS and the JTR thread. There, his questions would draw maybe one or two replies and then die.     

He did start this thread over there on a 32" subwoofer project that had a little more traction.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2957818-32-inch-subwoofer-driver-dilemma.html

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

He hasn’t posted in his AVS Forum thread since 2/28.   I believe I’ll go try to have a conversation with a hummingbird.  It should be easy by comparison.

Speaking of hummingbirds,  this one took a wrong turn and ended up in my home some years back.   We had a conversation, but she didn't listen and couldn't find the big open patio door from which she came.   Luckily I had my AR-15 handy. It only took about 15 tries before I finally got him.:D.

DSCF0976.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Luckily I had my AR-15 handy. It only took about 15 tries before I finally got him.:D.

Well that's pretty good shooting, but still I wouldn't want to be your neighbor. :o:lol: Oh look a hummingbird, everybody quick hit the floor.   :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, relatively new here and totally immersed in things, which I think is great!  One thing I just realized is how ruthless you all really are and I'm laffin my butt off.  Perhaps I'll be clocking in and out someday but right now?  Nah, not any time in the learning curve... I AM wondering about using that pvc sewer pipe for a rotary sub though...  hahaha!  :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

One thing I just realized is how ruthless you all really are

Ruthless is perhaps too strong.  I, for one, would welcome Vasubandu's active return.  Nevertheless, I would encourage him to exercise some restraint; to substitute quality for quantity.  He comes across like the boy who cried, "subwoofer" too often.  You can only alert this crowd so many times with nothing to back it up before you wear out your welcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Ruthless, sometimes, but you have to remember the average age here. :laugh: Plus many here have been doing this stuff for a long time, me about 45 years and many here the same. So when people come up with the newest bestest invention to save this hobby they will probably catch some crap. :smile:

And you know how old people get after many many years of seeing and putting up with  :pwk_bs:  well just old is enough sometimes. :biggrin:

this is part of why I relate to him.  I started in R/C at a ripe age w/o any prior knowledge and start looking at the mechanical stuff w/o preconceived notions.  I did get a lot of "That won't work" from the conventional wisdom people

except

I built proof of concept and working prototypes.

he has some interesting ideas ... too bad he is the only one with his "vision" .  W/o proof of concept ... it difficult to see the where/what

• Haha 1

Wellllllll, IN my defense, which might not be good since someone's an atty around here...  1.  I'm OLD too.   2. The Amish use steam and pressure to bend oak.  3.  Have an old 1917 S&W .38 in a drawer somewhere.  4.  Some meds cause "visions!"  5.  What's a subwoofer?  Didn't PWK design the LS to NOT have a subwoofer?  So I'll just go with the flow for the most part!  :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i, too, would welcome his return and hope that he wasn't chased away.  Most of you are very mean and scary -- in fact, i think i’m the only nice person left on the forum. oh and you too Neil ... can’t have a name like yours without invoking happiness.

Well I'm not as nice as you Steve but I've got better hair than Carl;)

• Like 4