Klipsch KPT-535-M - reduce midrange level

Ivaols

Hi

My first post on this forum :)

I am the proud owner of a pair of Klipsch KPT-535. This pair was originally bougth as a three way active version used in a comercial cinema. The previous owner bougth a original passive crossover unit for mono amp operation and thats how I use them.

I am not using these speakers like they were intended too, behind a cinema screen. I Guess thats why I have too much Level i the midrange. My question is, what can I solder to the wires that reduce the Level 2-3 db?

Best,

Ivan

Zim, thank you for the reply. 

My Cary Audio Cinema 12 do not have a very capable PEQ. The PEQ options in this unit are few and there is no way to adjust Q and center frequency, only level. Replacing Cinema 12 is expensive considering loss when sold and buying a new one. 

I do have a desire to go active. For a full three way active system I would need four extra amplifier channels and a active crossover unit. This is also expensive even though Minidsp would make it financially doable in the future. I have been looking into Minidsp DDRC-88A and 4*10HD.

Before I can afford the above two mentioned options I hope there is another cheaper alternative to get me along during the waiting. 

• 4 weeks later...