Share your road trips!

rockhound

• Moderators
4 hours ago, rockhound said:

Back to road trips..............

Good idea, it's no big deal in the end, let's move on please. Thanks 

We have a road trip next weekend but not to pick up speakers but to go work on the museum in Hope, and harass Chief Bonehead. And to go out to Rodney's to talk about Pilgrimage details, plus I'm hoping to fish a little with Roy, it's not hard to talk him into fishing.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

They are made in different finishes... Other than black

No, raw or I think that one panel on the front can be a different wood.

If it were me I would order either raw or black depending on the look I was going for, and when I got them I would get some veneer and add that one piece myself, if you didn't want veneer they also sell 1/4" plywood in all type of nice wood, that may be a little easier than veneer ? Doing that yourself would be much cheaper than Klipsch doing it I would think. It's only one rectangle on each one and the panel behind cannot be removed anyway.

Just catching up today as my main house PC has lost it's hard drive apparently. I thought I was doing the right thing by making backups and doing what Microsoft said to do but my tech guy says their system images are not very good. Made one a week and a half ago and thought I was covered but apparently not. I had a ton of things on there I thought were safe. Told him I needed to hire him to teach me what to do so this never happens again. There are third party aps which will do it right he says so on I go. For those who have asked no I have not fired anything up yet. They are in a large neat pile though and now I am back online with my laptop I will post a picture of the pile.

• Like 1

Have made some roadtrips. Some much longer than my last one for Klipsch speakers.

Approximately 40 miles rounder. LaScala's were a deal off of craig's local list. Posted

here in alerts but as the day wore on, I was the one who got them. Still look at the local

Florida craigslist. You never know...:emotion-44:

• Moderators
5 hours ago, billybob said:

Have made some roadtrips.

Passed through your whole state a couple of months ago, Orlando, Palm Beach, Miami and Key West. And I thought the drivers were bad around New Orleans, it seems the further South you go in Fla the worse it gets, it's like Indy 500 and bumper cars combined. :o:lol:

But it was a fun trip, we had never been South of Cape Canaveral before this trip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Passed through your whole state a couple of months ago, Orlando, Palm Beach, Miami and Key West. And I thought the drivers were bad around New Orleans, it seems the further South you go in Fla the worse it gets, it's like Indy 500 and bumper cars combined. :o:lol:

But it was a fun trip, we had never been South of Cape Canaveral before this trip.

Wow, Remember your trip and the room service at a lovely spot you two were at. Been as far as Marathon as recall but yes, it is a job to just begin to do the speed limit. Wrote about the Tampa to Fort Myers interstate race. Traffic sucks you into drafting. Coffee can help, but not too much anymore. Have had to have a couple of cups late at night for Klipsch road trips. Maybe they are heading south to pick up Klipsch.:lol:

• Like 2

Here is a pic of the LaScala pair not long after shoehorned temporary setup. They cleaned up nice except for DIY badge misplacement from previous owner and someone left a minor burn mark from a cig or something and a couple of watermarks on top of one. Not perfect but, I can live with the bargain.

2 college guys loaded them for me and some electronics into a 2000 Volvo wagon. It was plug and play.:

DSC00780.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Here is a pic of the LaScala pair not long after shoehorned temporary setup. They cleaned up nice except for DIY badge misplacement from previous owner and someone left a minor burn mark from a cig or something and a couple of watermarks on top of one. Not perfect but, I can live with the bargain.

2 college guys loaded them for me and some electronics into a 2000 Volvo wagon. It was plug and play.:

DSC00780.JPG

I don't like you anymore.... Lol.. Nice I'm glad that you

Got them....

Now tell us what you think about them....

• Haha 2