Chorus II's vs Cornwall III's?

Bruford

Sort of an interesting question, but I'd think responses are going to be few and far between.  I have never owned Cornwall III's, so can't comment on those.  However, I have had several pairs of Chorus II's.  In the end, I felt that they sounded best powered by good quality solid state amps, and the more they were pushed and the louder they were played, the better they sounded.  Placement is important of course due to the rear passive.  Just my old guy opinion of course.  Hope you find what you are looking for.

• Like 3

I compared Chorus IIs and Cornwall I Verticals at one time, both stock. They sounded more similar than anticipated. I thought the Cornwall I pair got a bit sloppy in the bass when turned louder. The Chorus IIs sounded more controlled and accurate to me.

Given the Cornwall's considerably larger footprint I kept the Chorus IIs.

Not what you asked for, but I agree with Jim in that you may be waiting a while for a relevant answer.

Every so often Klipsch forum members arrange a Chicago area get together. That would be the time to arrange having both models under one roof. A good variety of amps, receivers, etc is also brought to the table.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Not what you asked for, but I agree with Jim in that you may be waiting a while for a relevant answer.

That's true, I have Cornwall lll's but have never heard a Chorus, l or ll. So again no help, but someone may have ?

I love my chorus II's for 2 channel and I think they are the best all around speaker you can get  for the footprint they have. with that said ,I have heard cornwall lll's and they are a very good speaker but I have never heard them side by side . There is a stereo shop in N H that my son ask if we could bring in the chorus ll's and play them side by side with cornwall lll and forte lll and the owner said yes so we might do that.

• Like 1

I have a pair of Chorus II’s that sound fantastic - I use them believe it or not for rear surrounds with my original K horns up front - for the money and the footprint, I don’t think there is a speaker in existence that can give you the sound or power handling capacity as well as the sensitivity that the Chorus II’s provide!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Goldrush1 said:

I have a pair of Chorus II’s that sound fantastic - I use them believe it or not for rear surrounds with my original K horns up front - for the money and the footprint, I don’t think there is a speaker in existence that can give you the sound or power handling capacity as well as the sensitivity that the Chorus II’s provide!!!

I do the same thing and feel the same too.

• Like 1

I've owned a couple pairs of Chorus 2 over the years and loved them. I have only heard the Cornwall 3 at a dealer a few years ago when I was considering buying a pair. Unfortunately they didn't sound as good as I was hoping so I passed. Not a fair comparison I know, but I was impressed years prior with the Chorus 2 at the dealer and bought them on the spot.