KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire

babadono

"The tin contributes to a better sound quality by minimizing the skin-effect (lowering the current jumps between the wire surfaces). "

This is B.S. 

Looks like good wire otherwise.  The tinning will reduce copper corrosion, but I'm not so sure that is more than an aesthetic issue. 

I used this to re-wire my K's and for long runs to my LS's.  Its a few years old and no yellow from off gas or any oxidation (greening) of the wire.  It looks great, but no one ever see's it.  I have never heard a difference in the speaker wire I use, but I have never bought anything that was questionably small or anything like that.

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Thanks @Max2

I've ordered some up. Like I said now that I am going to biamp all my wire won't be hidden anymore and I like the way this stuff looks.

And yea @JohnA it's B.S.

That will look good. check out the jackets or pants or whatever they call them that slip over the ends of the wire as that leaves a really clean look

Related image

On 4/13/2018 at 11:38 AM, JohnA said:

"The tin contributes to a better sound quality by minimizing the skin-effect (lowering the current jumps between the wire surfaces). "

This is B.S. 

Looks like good wire otherwise.  The tinning will reduce copper corrosion, but I'm not so sure that is more than an aesthetic issue. 

I saw that too.  I just don't understand where the come up with that other than their ***.  Tin would theoretically increase the resistance as it is part of the outer circumference of wire.  What they mean by "current jumps" is puzzling.   Honest I don't know how skin effect changes between a solid conductor and stranded. Maybe the tining acts as an insulator between strands. If indeed that is the case, then it would allow the current to flow individually in each strand as opposed to the outer layer of the overal wire.  But this difference would be so tiny. Theory yes, but practice, no.... 

it is so easy to make up this BS. It's fun. lots of "audiophiles" simply have no clue and no way of separating even remotely possible physics from total nonsense.  And they get very angry when you point that out.