WTB Heresy I HBR (pair)

beezbo

I'm looking for a pair of the original Heresy I (HBR) in decent exterior condition for my living room / HT. I don't mind tinkering with the electronics/drivers if needs some TLC to get it sounding good again. I am in the SF Bay Area.

Edited by beezbo

Watch the bay area craigslist - they come up regularly

Only rub is, the HBRs seldom show up which someone hasn't already applied some sort of finish, but it does happen

Right now only a single, AND, it's still "raw" which isn't the norm - if you had posted this a couple weeks ago there were at least three pairs being offered

(and one ridiculously bad black paint job pair on risers for $750 in Redwood City (Shores))

You're in a good spot for craigslist Heresys though

Craig

1 hour ago, pat_in_dfw said:

Even if they have a finish it's not extremely difficult to sand them down to their natural state and restain with whatever you want.

Paint maybe but not stain or oil

Once they're stained or oiled you'll never see the beautiful White Birch again

14 hours ago, beezbo said:

I'm looking for a pair of the original Heresy I (HBR) in decent exterior condition for my living room / HT. I don't mind tinkering with the electronics/drivers if needs some TLC to get it sounding good again. I am in the SF Bay Area.

Though a bit on the insane side with the price, these do look very nice.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/d/klipsch-heresy-un-finished/6523112239.html

Klipsch Heresy Un-finished - $1300

Okay, very insane price.

Bill

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, willland said:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/d/klipsch-heresy-un-finished/6523112239.html

Okay, very insane price.

Bill

I have an identical pair I just paid $400 delivered for. Untouched, untreated and 100% original. Looks like the original owner i got them from never touched them. Which seems to be the story. He told me before I purchased that he bought them new, set them up with a cover on top and has never moved them in his music room. I believe it for how they arrived. I just added a pair of Crites risers in birch and they look amazing together.  Now I just need a place to set them up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, willland said:
00j0j_f4Z8uwvebqh_600x450.jpg

Okay, very insane price.

Bill

c0ef47743b4479462f2a1a631215daf8.jpg

These are mine. The bases don't match perfectly but close enough to look like they belong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score!!! That would be perfect. I saw that pair $1300 pair on CL, looks nice, but way too much over what they normally go for, and a bit out of the way to drive out for a non-deal. If anyone out there has a pair or sees one like this, please ping me. :D

12 hours ago, beezbo said:

Nice score!!! That would be perfect. I saw that pair $1300 pair on CL, looks nice, but way too much over what they normally go for, and a bit out of the way to drive out for a non-deal. If anyone out there has a pair or sees one like this, please ping me. :D

The guy in Sac would take $400 so fast it'd break your arm

I bet

Give it a try if you can afford it

(look at the environment they are in - he doesn't need the money)

Just a business angle/doesn't want to pack and ship/and a wife bitching about too many speakers

Again, I bet

He'll take $400 cash money for those speakers

Try it and come back and let me know if I was right or wrong

Aside from that - Best of luck with your hunt!

Craig

As far as the "insane" descriptive, how do any of us here know that ad wasn't placed by a fellow forum member?

You can see by one of those photos what possibly could very well be some other Klipsch product as well

I was just in a thread in which moderators deleted several posts due to milder comments regarding asking price than "insane"

And was also reminded that a seller can ask what they wish and if you don't like it then just keep your comments to yourself

So, what gives with that?

Craig

14 hours ago, analogman said:

As far as the "insane" descriptive, how do any of us here know that ad wasn't placed by a fellow forum member?

You can see by one of those photos what possibly could very well be some other Klipsch product as well

I was just in a thread in which moderators deleted several posts due to milder comments regarding asking price than "insane"

And was also reminded that a seller can ask what they wish and if you don't like it then just keep your comments to yourself

Craig

So Craig,

If that ad is from an active forum member, then most likely he/she will post in the main Garage Sale section.  If so, the word "insane" or any other negative word would not have been used by me.  As always, I would have complemented the condition of the item(which I did) and stated "good luck with your sale".

15 hours ago, analogman said:

I bet

Just a business angle/doesn't want to pack and ship/and a wife bitching about too many speakers

Again, I bet

If those speakers happen to be yours, or a known acquaintance, I am deeply, sincerely, shamefully, sorry for my comment.:blush2::smile:

Bill

17 hours ago, analogman said:

I bet

Again, I bet

Try it and come back and let me know if I was right or wrong

Aside from that - Best of luck with your hunt!

Craig

I'd........bet.........you..............are...........incorrect...........with............your..............assumptions.

NO, those are not my speakers & I'd choose neither to pursue nor negotiate for them with their current advertise list price. 

This is not to assume a mutual agreeable price is out of reach, but if a Buyer "offered" me 33% of my list price for ANYTHING I have for sale, I'd....................

Some here on the Forum fail to realize that the best deals that have been had, do NOT necessarily represent true market value.  

FWIW - I see this mentality ALL to frequently with real estate buyers in my area.

So, back to your regularly schedule program of weeding out extreme deal seekers and the buzzards looking only to feast on the spoils of others.

Buy what you like, pay what you wish, share your finds, BRAG about beating a Seller into the ground - elsewhere.

YMMV, and I wish everyone well.

18 hours ago, analogman said:

What's so difficult for you to understand?  As stated, if you don't like it, keep your comments to yourself.  I could put it more bluntly and more simply for you if you require, but I think the comment speaks for itself.

5 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

I'd........bet.........you..............are...........incorrect...........with............your..............assumptions.

NO, those are not my speakers & I'd choose neither to pursue nor negotiate for them with their current advertise list price. 

This is not to assume a mutual agreeable price is out of reach, but if a Buyer "offered" me 33% of my list price for ANYTHING I have for sale, I'd....................

Some here on the Forum fail to realize that the best deals that have been had, do NOT necessarily represent true market value.  

FWIW - I see this mentality ALL to frequently with real estate buyers in my area.

So, back to your regularly schedule program of weeding out extreme deal seekers and the buzzards looking only to feast on the spoils of others.

Buy what you like, pay what you wish, share your finds, BRAG about beating a Seller into the ground - elsewhere.

YMMV, and I wish everyone well.

Boy, I sure hope you don't have a job working in sales or acquisitions - especially if it involves someone else's money!

craigslist is different in every community across America,  ESPECIALLY the ask and counter game

I live about 80 miles or so from this listing and have a hunch who it might be (don't know them personally but they've helped me in the past with some Fisher parts)

I've been a member of the craigslist community here in the Bay Area for so long now (regular, as in almost daily poster) that I frequently get emails (asking questions about equipment) from total strangers who address me BY NAME

At first freaked out, soon learned (and figured it out) they're regulars too and recognize my ad copy and know someone I either sold to or bought from

I have been using craigslist for more than 10 years now and paid 4 years of college tuition for one child thanks to it

So, don't assume anything about a game until you know a little bit about it, or make a deal no where near as good as you could have because of some self-imposed perceptions of how a particular seller, or market, works

Like I said, it's different in every town and with every seller

And for what it's worth, I cannot count the number of craigslisters I have emailed who were obviously oblivious to what it was they were selling

Giving a great deal of time to explain to them just exactly what they had and why they were hurting themselves

Often times being very valuable pieces that I couldn't afford

That, or ancient systems where they'd realize 10x the dollar amounts if they would break them down

(no, I do not promote cannibal flipping - just getting that pristine S8 load out of that ratty shit box grandpa built! ; - )

The "thank you!!!" "we sold on epay...." (or wherever), "and realized..................." emails that show up a month later are very rewarding

"we had no idea..............." those X.Y.Zs were worth THAT much money..................................."

"Thank you so much Craig for the heads up"

Done the same with too low "buy it nows" with epay sellers as well - that collection of thank you notes is very rewarding as well

Every seller is different every buyer is different - just be ethical about it you'll be just fine

And pay attention to the people - there is NO SHAME in a low offer to kick off a negotiation - NONE

Not good to be smug or arrogant when judging others based on zero first hand knowledge - not very attractive

7 hours ago, willland said:

So Craig,

If that ad is from an active forum member, then most likely he/she will post in the main Garage Sale section.  If so, the word "insane" or any other negative word would not have been used by me.  As always, I would have complemented the condition of the item(which I did) and stated "good luck with your sale".

If those speakers happen to be yours, or a known acquaintance, I am deeply, sincerely, shamefully, sorry for my comment.:blush2::smile:

Bill

So you're telling me you conduct yourself by living a double standard guided by assumptions?

• Moderators

Here is my take on it....if someone lists something here in the Garage Sale, they are indeed entitled to list it for whatever amount they want.   Over the years, we have made it a courtesy to the seller not to engage in pointing out their item for sale isn't worth their asking price. 

The OP of this thread is seeking advice and and willland mentions that he found a pair that he feels is a bit insanely priced (which I would have to agree considering the prices that I see here in Florida). 

For example....

$500 Heresy's - https://lakeland.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-heresy-loudspeakers/6548936997.html

$600 Heresy II HBR - https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ele/d/klipsch-heresy-ii-old-school/6547335565.html

It's not uncommon to see Heresy listed in my area for $250 - $350.  Are they worth more?  Likely so.  Are they worth $1500?  Not to this guy.  Is there someone that might be willing to pay $1500 for them?  Possibly...but they have to NEED them really bad because for that price they can easily buy a pair of LaScalas.

2 hours ago, analogman said:

And pay attention to the people - there is NO SHAME in a low offer to kick off a negotiation - NONE

I completely agree with you.  The seller is under no obligation to accept your offer and it's just that....an offer that you are willing to pay.  If the seller agrees, you just likely scored a Youthman Deal.  If they say no thanks, they can patiently wait for another buyer to come along.