Klipsch RF7 II and Denon AVR-X7200WA question

Peter

I have the RF7 II and the RC64 II

still used my Denon AVR 3313 but here in The Netherlands I have the possibility to buy a brand new AVR X7200WA

It is one of the last units, if I convert it to dollars it’s $2300

I think this is a good deal and a great update of my system

Is there someone with the same configuration or anyone with experience with this Denon 7200?

Thanks, and regrets from The Netherlands

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I have the same speaker setup, with a Denon X6400H, I looked into the 7200 as well. Both top of the line Denons no doubt. I love mine. What the selling point for me was it did all new audio formats out of the box. I also got the receiver on a sale $1649. Denon is solid. You won’t be disapointed. Let me know if you setup Dolby atmos. I still have yet to set mine up. Need more money to buy my surround/ceiling speakers.

The 3313 was a stout unit so I am not sure if you will notice any difference in 2 channel listening, over the 7200.

If you are just looking to add detail and oomph to your 2 channel listening, I would just add a solid 2 channel amp to drive the RF-7’s. A subwoofer would also add to the experience and take some of the “strain” off the 3313.

You should only buy the 7200 if you need the modern technology that it comes with. That’s my 2 cents anyway:)

• Like 2

Thanks for you’re answering

I am a little confused now, the 7200 is a much better reciever in de Denon line so the sound must be better....?

I also read a lot of people with the RF7 are using the top receivers of Denon

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I am a little confused now, the 7200 is a much better reciever in de Denon line so the sound must be better....?

Newer technology(processor, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, newer DACs) so it may yield "better" sound but as mentioned a quality 2-channel amp "may" offer "better" performance due to more headroom and better overall amp section.  Nothing is of 100% certainty.

Bill

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Thanks

No Dolby Atmos yet
I have a 5.1 set, all Klipsch

Hope I also improves my two channel stereo?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

If you aren't going Atmos then I wouldn't change AVRs and only possibly get a two channel amp to add to the denon if you can't get it loud enough without it clipping.

3 hours ago, dubs said:

It will, and you should be able to configure the receiver to bi-amp your RF-7ii’s. Makes them sound really good. Mine does 140Watts 2 channels driven at 8 ohms.

If you aren't using an external crossover then running two sets of wires to your speakers really doesn't add anything--Nothing wrong with it, but.....

• Like 1

@Zen Traveler so bi-amping a speaker doesn’t do anything? I wonder why Klipsch made 2 sets of binding posts? Must be because they don’t do anything. I called a Klipsch representative to confirm this will indeed yield better sound. He confirmed this to be true.

I noticed the clarity and volume to be greater when I bi-amped my RF-7ii’s. 

30 minutes ago, dubs said:

@Zen Traveler so bi-amping a speaker doesn’t do anything? I wonder why Klipsch made 2 sets of binding posts? Must be because they don’t do anything. I called a Klipsch representative to confirm this will indeed yield better sound. He confirmed this to be true.

I noticed the clarity and volume to be greater when I bi-amped my RF-7ii’s. 

Zen is correct, it doesn't do anything, and you're not bi-amping.  You're bi-wiring.  You need an active crossover to bi-amp.  All you're doing by running two sets of speaker wires to your towers is just making it so your AVR puts out less WPC.  Dual binding posts are marketing gimmicks for towers, little more.  The clarity you're hearing may be the XO in your AVR attempting to partition out the signal, but it still runs through your passive XO in the speaker.  The cons probably cancel out the pros.

Are these the same Klipsch techs that say you can't power your speakers with a 40 WPC amp?  The same that default to "your speakers are underpowered" for everything?  Sorry, a "Klipsch rep confirmation" is only a reminder that the tech support people don't know how to troubleshoot a problem.

• Like 1

Well shit, ain’t that a *****. So the expert suggestion on this forum is to??? Put jumpers back in, and just run one wire to speakers?

I noticed clarity to my ear with running 2 sets of wires to my RF-7’s. Bi-amping/Bi-wiring or whatever I’m doing. 

Thanks for clearing the air. I’ve watched YouTube vids from audiophiles and they can neither confirm, nor deny benefits of bi-amp/wiring. It seems they deemed marketing strategy. But for me I hear difference. 

4 hours ago, dubs said:

Well shit, ain’t that a *****. So the expert suggestion on this forum is to??? Put jumpers back in, and just run one wire to speakers?

I noticed clarity to my ear with running 2 sets of wires to my RF-7’s. Bi-amping/Bi-wiring or whatever I’m doing. 

Thanks for clearing the air. I’ve watched YouTube vids from audiophiles and they can neither confirm, nor deny benefits of bi-amp/wiring. It seems they deemed marketing strategy. But for me I hear difference. 

If you hear a difference and like it, that's fine.  Like I said - some AVR's may do a better job at partitioning out the signal to the crossover point - assuming it knows they are 2 way speakers, rather than 3, or 4 way speakers. 

The standard recommendation, however, is to leave the straps in place UNLESS you are bypassing the built in XO on the speakers themselves or an active-bi-amplifying configuration.

2 hours ago, dubs said:

My Reciver can be configured in multiple different ways. It recognizes that it’s one speaker bi-amp’d. Denon X6400H

Yes, but how does it know the speaker has 2 XO points, 3, or 4, or even 5?  It doesn't.  It assumes it's 2.  In the case of the RF-7 that's true, but it's an ineffective method that cuts your WPC down as well.  Again, if you hear a difference, more power to you.  I don't know what you hear, but on paper there shouldn't be any SQ difference in the positive.

• Thanks 1

Not disputing the fact that it could not be helpful. I hear more clarity really. Not volume. Seems to not be trying as hard. It is 2 ch @ 140, and at best it’s probably 50-60wpc with no amped. Your logic is sound, but Nobody likes being called out. 

I will return to single configuration. 

5 hours ago, dubs said:

Your logic is sound, but Nobody likes being called out. 

A belated welcome to the forum, @dubs and I hope you don't take some of us chiming in on issues that have been well debated as being "called out." I admit to being uncomfortable before finding out I was wrong about something, but in the end realized I had learned in the process. What makes this forum GREAT is the shared knowledge and friendships developed when these things are hashed out. Fwiw, there are lot of things that seem like common sense but in fact are marketing tools to try to get you to spend more money. :) 

• Like 1

I am back, Friday I bought the Denon AVR X7200WA, one word WOW [emoji41]

AVR 3313 is for sale now [emoji23]

The sound is so much better, stereo and surround

Can’t explain in good English but my RF7 II (bi-amp) now get the right signal.

I am a huge fan of “Yello”
The cd’s Touch and Toy I never heard better!!
Blu-ray’s “Hans Zimmer Live in Prague” and “Mad Max Fury Road” are so much better

Grrrr can’t explain good in English

I am so happy with the 7200!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

Can’t explain in good English but my RF7 II (bi-amp) now get the right signal.

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

Grrrr can’t explain good in English

Sure you can, it very clear what you are trying to say, it ROCKS!:emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I am so happy with the 7200!!!

Congratulations! Now you just need to go buy some additional speakers.  Btw, as being mentioned in this thread--If you are running two sets of wires from the AVR without doing anything to the speakers (I.e., changing the internal crossover) then you won't be getting any actual benefit from doing this. If you run one set of wires to each speaker and then run audyssey correctly you should be good to go. That said, I own the AVR-4311ci and feel the processing in the X-7200 is where you got your biggest gain. I've heard the Dolby Surround processor is excellent for multichannel music and I happen to like converting that material to "9.2" using Dolby PLIIz in our Library HT listed below...Btw, your English is excellent considering I've been to Amsterdam well over a dozen time and my Dutch sucks!

• Like 2