Looking for AVR Recommendations

rplace

On 4/12/2018 at 8:06 AM, baron167 said:

Ah, that's awesome! I was not aware of this. Thanks for sharing. Now you have me thinking about a new AVR!

My Onkyo 717 (7.2 AVR from 2014) runs Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3.  I have never run more than Zone 1 but I believe you can only use one input at a time.

40 minutes ago, willland said:

You should really look into this one.  That is one awesome price with warranty.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8hbic-nad-t-758-w-vm130-4k-mdc-manufacturers-warranty-authorized-dealer-receivers

NAD

I am actually very tempted myself.

Bill

Is close -- this one isn't a v3, and AFAIK only the v3 supports Dirac.  If Dirac isn't one of your requirements, then this looks like a fantastic deal.

30 minutes ago, Olorin said:

Is close -- this one isn't a v3, and AFAIK only the v3 supports Dirac.  If Dirac isn't one of your requirements, then this looks like a fantastic deal.

You are correct but it does come with Audyssey MultEQ XT which I happen to be pleased with my T175HD's implementation.    

From what I have read/heard, Dirac live is the one to have when it comes to room EQ.

I just spoke to a gentleman at Safe and Sound and he pointed me towards this.

http://www.safeandsoundhq.com/NAD-Electronics-T-758-V3-AV-Surround-Sound-Receiver-Factory-Refurbished?cat=41

Bill

• 2 months later...

Follow up, I've have the NAD T 758 V3 for about a week and more than happy with it. Solid build quality. Set up and integration with the system was a snap. Harmony Hub/Remote is working perfectly with it. No issues on switching devices/sources. Very solid On Screen Display. On slight nit to pick on the OSD navigation you hit the right arrow to select settings not the select button. When you are doing up/down/left/right/select that seems odd and I always pick the wrong buttons. Have not had time to play with the room correction yet so can't report on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Follow up, I've have the NAD T 758 V3 for about a week and more than happy with it.

Glad to hear that you are mostly pleased with the NAD.  I mentioned, I love my NAD pre/pro.

Bill

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, willland said:

Glad to hear that you are mostly pleased with the NAD.  I mentioned, I love my NAD pre/pro.

Bill

Perhaps what I like most about it is the simplicity. Rock solid build, spartan lights/dials/knobs, clean layout on the back. I went back and forth on reconditioned and a previous model, but in the end got it new and latest model. 

2 hours ago, rplace said:

On slight nit to pick on the OSD navigation you hit the right arrow to select settings not the select button. When you are doing up/down/left/right/select that seems odd and I always pick the wrong buttons. .

Congrats on the new acquisition, you probably know this already but you can go into the Harmony software and change the function of any button by activity / device to your liking. Very easy and really helped me when I was setting up new equipment.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Congrats on the new acquisition, you probably know this already but you can go into the Harmony software and change the function of any button by activity / device to your liking. Very easy and really helped me when I was setting up new equipment.

Enjoy!

Thanks. I was actually refereeing to the remote supplied by NAD, I was not clear on that. I used the NAD remote and OSD to set up all the source naming, 2nd room, speaker size, etc. Then updated my Harmony Hub/remote replacing the NAD stuff over the old Denon AVR. Of course every activity had to be redone since the AVR is pretty much the heart of any activity. Not too bad, couple of hours. Found out about some good power management trick for multi room music. Basically two ARVs and you tell one activity to not turn off the other. That was new to me in the harmony.

• Like 1