emotiva or monoprice

pdasterly

ATI just build amps. ATI builds great amps under different names for various companies.  ATI even builds and winds there own power supplies. Nuff said 

Its the 7 channel which I don't think you're looking at, but that's a well built amp and good old Class A/B.  Regardless of power and channels, they're all built in this fashion.   Very respectable numbers on the bench test too.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/monoprice-monolith-7-amplifier-review-test-bench

Prob cant find more amp for the money with those numbers.       OH, and its built in the USA

Easy decision for me

Image result for monolith amp

17 minutes ago, Max2 said:

ATI just build amps. ATI builds great amps under different names for various companies.  ATI even builds and winds there own power supplies. Nuff said 

Its the 7 channel which I don't think you're looking at, but that's a well built amp and good old Class A/B.  Regardless of power and channels, they're all built in this fashion.   Very respectable numbers on the bench test too.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/monoprice-monolith-7-amplifier-review-test-bench

Prob cant find more amp for the money with those numbers.       OH, and its built in the USA

Easy decision for me

Image result for monolith amp

so if i get the 7ch, how does bi-amp work

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pdasterly said:

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't bi-amp any Klipsch speaker unless you're going active and have to with custom K's or a set of Jubs.  I would focus efforts elsewhere, but it would be a good experiment I guess, just split the same output per channel and designate two channels for one speaker. This would limit you to 3 speakers bi-amped and one not though.

19 minutes ago, pdasterly said:

How much power are you expecting you would need?

I see no reason to bi-amp the RF-7iii 0r RC-64iii with a multi channel amp. If that is your plan then go with an Emotiva mono block XPA-1 amp for each channel, no other biamping multi channel amp can match that 600 WPC the XPA-1 gives you.

https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/xpa-1-gen2

12 minutes ago, pdasterly said:

https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/xpa-dr3

450 watts RMS, per channel, into 8 Ohms, at <0.1% THD.
600 watts RMS, per channel, into 4 Ohms, at <0.1% THD.

I personally would take an XPA-1 over the DR-3 in a heartbeat, even more so considering the Monolith is a toroidal powered amp that you are comparing it to.

2 hours ago, pdasterly said:

monoprice monolith is made by ati, at1800 to be specific

And what a stellar reputation ATI has.

I have been very intrigued by the Monolith offerings and if my Acurus amps ever take a dump, the 5-channel Monolith is on my short list as well as Anthem and of course Acurus again.

Bill

1 minute ago, willland said:

And what a stellar reputation ATI has.

I have been very intrigued by the Monolith offerings and if my Acurus amps ever take a dump, the 5-channel Monolith is on my short list as well as Anthem and of course Acurus again.

Bill

the tbd in stock date is worrysome, it was just oct218

47 minutes ago, teaman said:

You do realize the ATI linked is a two channel amp, not a seven right...the seven channel amp is $3k

No I didn't.   Thanks for pointing that out.  I searched for the 1807 and that's what came up.

I believe the ATI has balanced connections and bigger transformers but will need to do some digging to be sure.  I'd hate to be wrong twice in the same thread lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

This is no longer a product Monoprice carries. The units that are on back order are of the AT4000 line.  Not that it makes much of a difference, other than the included XLR inputs. The other specs have not changed enough to mention here. The problem with any of this discussion is that the Monoprice amplifiers of this ATI type have been out of stock for nearly 6 MONTHS now. Actually it is true that Monoprice has never even sold a single one of these updated XLR models as they have never had any to sell. I have been checking several time a week since before Christmas 2017. I have contacted Monoprice repeatedly also to no avail. Every month the ETA changes another 30 days out. The most recent ETA was 4/6/18 which was weird because Monoprice had been listing the ETA's for the end of month dates, So I was starting to have more hope with this most recent update, but of course it is just TBD currently, which is very ??????

bought the monolith 3x200, they are in stock

• Like 4