The Klipsch Audio Community
dwilawyer

COMING SOON: Museum Will be Selling KPT and KI Speakers

COMING SOON 

Klipsch was going through their inventory recently and determined they had approximately 25 KPT and KI speakers in excess inventory.  As part of Klipsch's strong and continuing genorisity and support of the Museum, they offered to donate them to the Museum so that we could sell them to help raise greatly needed funds.

These are demonstration speakers that were either displayed at trade shows or sent to customers to try out in various applications.  When they were returned to the factory they were inspected and tested by the Quality Control Manager at the factory.  Some are in their original boxes, some are loose without boxes.

We have picked up the speakers and we will be unpacking and photographing them so that we will be able to provide specific information to potential buyers.  This will take place during the next two weeks,

The Officers of the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc, ("KHMA",  which runs the Museum) have decided to use this gracious gift from Klipsch to thank the many people who have stepped up to become members and support our ongoing membership drive.  To that end, the speakers will first be offered to our Founders and Khorn level members for a brief period of time (about a week), and then the remaining speakers will then be offered to all members of KHMA.  If you have been considering becoming a member of KHMA, this upcoming sale is just one more reason to join TODAY.

We will be updating this thread, as well as emailing members directly, with photographs and information on the condition, exact numbers of each product available,  terms of sale, when they will officially become available for sale, etc.

Here is the link to our member signup page for the Museum.

http://klipschmuseum.org/membership

On behalf of Officers and Executive Committee of the KHMA, thank you for your support of the Museum.

Travis

This is what we are getting.  I have some rough numbers on a few of the products.  I will update numbers and information as it becomes available.  It should all be complete by April 23rd, and the sale to members starting shortly after that.

KI-396-B-SMA (Original version) a few pairs available

KI-102-B

KI-262-B-SMA

KI-272-B

KI-362-B-SMA

KI-115-B

KI-215-B-SMA

KI-172-B

KI-172-WH

KPT-4350

KPT-684 (a couple)

GRAND HF-T

KPT-884-SW (1 only)

SYNERGY C-10 BLACK FG

OMNI-S10B-1 MIRAGE SUB BL

OMNI 150B-1 MIRAGE SPEAKER BL

• Like 3

Wow, thaw was super cool of Klipsch to donate those to the museum to sell.

• Like 3

That is an impressive list! Will it be available for pickup at the Pilgrimage?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I have some rough numbers on a few fondue products

I love fondue.....

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

This is a sale and not an auction correct?

It is looking.that is the way the powers that be are going to do it, a sale.  Prices listed, etc.

It might be possible an item or 2 ends up in some sort of auction at.time of pilgrimage. 

Travis

38 minutes ago, kirby said:

That is an impressive list! Will it be available for pickup at the Pilgrimage?

YES.

The items can be picked up ahead of time, or if you are coming to Pilgramage you can pick up at that time.

If you know someone coming to Pilgramage we can try to Pony Express them back your way.

Travis

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I love fondue.....

Fixed that, no idea how that happened.

Fondue is all sold out today.

53 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Fondue is all sold out today.

Are you kidding me?  I just sold my LaScala Trio to pay for it!!!  Ughhhhh!!

2 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Are you kidding me?  I just sold my LaScala Trio to pay for it!!!  Ughhhhh!!

Yeah the cheese and chocolate are pretty popular.  It's like Franklin BBQ, get in line early.

Three of those 396s with 2 684s, or one 884, will cure your problem instantly!

Update:

Membership link for Museum:  http://klipschmuseum.org/membership

We will be in Hope next Thursday and Friday to unpack, photograph and physically inspect all of these items so we can start posting photos and get them up for sale right away.

The news just keeps getting better from Klipsch.  They found two pairs of Black Heresy III speakers.  Looks like they were hooked up once by a commercial customer and they went with something else more appropriate for their application (attaching to a wall maybe).  Anyhow, we will be looking at those as well and the Officers of the Association will figure out how they are going to handle those as well.

More to follow.

Travis

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We need prices !!  LOL.

Working on that too.   Every member will get a price list, set of general photos, with follow up photos on anything of interest.

Travis

2 hours ago, kirby said:

I am the newest member of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History!!

Awesome

• Like 1

I found the Klipsch Permanent Instalation brochure for this version of KI-396 I will attach in pdf, and I have the cut sheet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

@dwilawyer  @CECAA850  @dtel's wife  @Mallette

Why was my post deleted?  Funny, sarcastic post that was even commented on by two mods.  And gone.  You can't be serious.

One warning.  This is about the Museum not your post.  Move along.

19 hours ago, whatever55 said:

Can I get on the mailing list also .... or is it members only thing ?

Hi Whatever, it will initially be Founders and Khorn Members for the first week.  Then the next level members for another week, and then we will see where we will go from there.

You should join as a member and share in all of the fun about the history of PWK, this collection of audio gear that became the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, and now the run by the Klipsch Heritage Museum Associaiton, Inc.  Your membership is tax deductible, and there are a lot of nice benefits.

You can look at the membership levels at klipschmuseum.org.  We have levels running from $20 all the way up to $2,000, monthly payments and one-time annual payments

Travis