All GONE! Thank You Everone for Supporting the Museum!

Travis In Austin

Travis,

Thank you for the answer, but I belonged to other groups that wanted money to have the honor of spending more and be part of the insiders click and I declined. I don't even join Costco, Sam's etc.... To me it does not make sense to have to pay to be able to spend more. Especially not knowing what the "deal" might be.  Also with the experience my wife had on the forum I would be spending alot more.

Thanks Again

6 hours ago, whatever55 said:

Travis,

Thank you for the answer, but I belonged to other groups that wanted money to have the honor of spending more and be part of the insiders click and I declined.

I don't see any "insiders click" with the museum and I have no doubt they would love to see much more participation from forum members as well as those outside the forum.

What I see is the museum needs supporters and in thanks they are trying to recognize and thank those supporters and encourage others to join and not just be bystanders if you care about what they are trying to accomplish then please help them any way you can.

Bottom line for me is the museum is about PWK and his life and accomplishments and is for those who want to see this preserved.

miketn

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I don't see any "insiders click" with the museum and I have no doubt they would love to see much more participation from forum members as well as those outside the forum.

What I see is the museum needs supporters and in thanks they are trying to recognize and thank those supporters and encourage others to join and not just be bystanders if you care about what they are trying to accomplish then please help them any way you can.

Bottom line for me is the museum is about PWK and his life and accomplishments and is for those who want to see this preserved.

miketn

Great... that is your bottom line.... mine is mine. Maybe I should use another term  but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck welllllll..........

My bottom line is I can not see the value in paying to "join" for a "promise" of future rewards, deals. No problem just my thoughts. we all have our own.

We probably should not continue this in an open forum else it might get deleted or we might get warnings.

47 minutes ago, whatever55 said:

Great... that is your bottom line.... mine is mine. Maybe I should use another term  but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck welllllll..........

My bottom line is I can not see the value in paying to "join" for a "promise" of future rewards, deals. No problem just my thoughts. we all have our own.

We probably should not continue this in an open forum else it might get deleted or we might get warnings.

--- we can continue in the open, keep it civil and its nothing more than opinions on what the "membership" is about. With many trips to Hope and the Pilgramage, owning many Klipsch speakers beginning in the early 70's and looking at several as I write, my wife and thought we should support the Museum as Founding Members and in its honor PWK. We didn't do this with expectations that the Museum would unearth the list of speakers being discussed. Or being called on the Klipsch Founders Member Hot line with special deals on Khorns, Jubilees, etc. I have those anyway. Or any other "spiffs" associated with the donation. So your "join with the promise of future rewards" is a bit shallow and uninformed. But with this being said I do appreciate the Klipsch corporate jet making a stop from Indy and letting us hitch a ride to Hope. Oops, got to go, the Klipsch Hot Line is ringing --- 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, whatever55 said:

Well that thought never entered my mind when I choose to support the museum and I really doubt anyone else who has did either..!!!! 

I have to agree with richieb that would be a “very shallow and uninformed reason” to join in support of the museum and to basically insinuate that is happening is uncalled for and insulting to the museum supporters.

miketn

3 hours ago, richieb said:

--- we can continue in the open, keep it civil and its nothing more than opinions on what the "membership" is about. With many trips to Hope and the Pilgramage, owning many Klipsch speakers beginning in the early 70's and looking at several as I write, my wife and thought we should support the Museum as Founding Members and in its honor PWK. We didn't do this with expectations that the Museum would unearth the list of speakers being discussed. Or being called on the Klipsch Founders Member Hot line with special deals on Khorns, Jubilees, etc. I have those anyway. Or any other "spiffs" associated with the donation. So your "join with the promise of future rewards" is a bit shallow and uninformed. But with this being said I do appreciate the Klipsch corporate jet making a stop from Indy and letting us hitch a ride to Hope. Oops, got to go, the Klipsch Hot Line is ringing --- 

Fine with me as long as we do not offend anyone....

"Your membership is tax deductible, and there are a lot of nice benefits. "  How is this shallow ???

I also have a few Klipsch products....   Jubilees, Belles (with Martenlli horns), RF-7's RB-75's  RSW-15's and some smaller stuff.  My wife has had an issue with this place and is still not very happy, so if I were to join I might be in need of a lawyer soon.....

3 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Well that thought never entered my mind when I choose to support the museum and I really doubt anyone else who has did either..!!!! 

I have to agree with richieb that would be a “very shallow and uninformed reason” to join in support of the museum and to basically insinuate that is happening is uncalled for and insulting to the museum supporters.

miketn

Your membership is tax deductible, and there are a lot of nice benefits.

Sorry... just trying to fit in...  

Now we should probably stop....

6 minutes ago, whatever55 said:

Your membership is tax deductible, and there are a lot of nice benefits.

Sorry... just trying to fit in...  

Now we should probably stop....

There were no benefits when I joined and I didn’t use it for a tax deduction but you just keep on thinking the worst about things if it makes you feel better.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, whatever55 said:

Fine with me as long as we do not offend anyone....

"Your membership is tax deductible, and there are a lot of nice benefits. "  How is this shallow ???

I also have a few Klipsch products....   Jubilees, Belles (with Martenlli horns), RF-7's RB-75's  RSW-15's and some smaller stuff.  My wife has had an issue with this place and is still not very happy, so if I were to join I might be in need of a lawyer soon.....

Your running around in circles Freddie.

The Forum is run by KGI.  If your wife is miffed about something with the Forum I suggest she take it up with @Chad.  

The Musuem is completely seperate but does have many members from the Forum, as well as past employees, current employees, people from unrelated FB groups, dealers, people who don't own Klipsch but knew Paul, people who never knew Paul but own Klipsch and on and on 

Members all have one thing in common, they want to preserve and keep alive the memory of PWK and his company Klipsch and Associates along with the products he invented; in furtherance of that the Museum is promoting STEM education by the examples of PWK.  None of them joined with the expectation of getting speakers or discounts, or a key chain or anything else, because we didn't known about it and we are not going to offer something we are unsure of.

Our other membership catagories launched at the beginning of this year with an overwhelmingly response.  This generous donation of speakers occurred two weeks ago, they were picked up last week when I made the post.

The Officers of the KHMA decided that they would offer them to members first, as a way of saying thanks to those who already joined, as well as encourage others to join heading into the Annual Membership Meeting which will take place during the Pilgramage.

KHMA is run by all volunteers who have gotten NO benefits other than the satisfaction of trying to turn a dream into a reality.  Thousands of combined volunteer hours, several thousands of combined miles driven or flown on our own dime.  In short, a labor of love.

Two years ago when this whole thing started we all had to pay for the privelege of being a member in order to volunteer because I wrote the Bylaws to be about MEMBERS.  Members have a vote, members have a say in KHMA.

KHMA is for those that knew and loved Paul, or his products and designs,  or who believe in STEM education, or . .  for a miriad of other reasons too numerous to even try to list.

This is about trying to preserve a story that is worth preserving, about a mad genius and maverick who started making speakers one at a time in a tin shed, who built a company in Hope that employed "a good chunk of the town" and who ultimately became a Legend in Sound. 

The Members, the Officers and the Board of Trustees are all committed to continuing and improving the preservation of that memory in a manner truly befitting a Legend.  It takes money, and it takes members.  We don't take our members for granted, we are accountable to them, we are going to work hard to keep them, regardless of their level of participation.

Speaking for myself only, I don't really think I would want someone who was only joining to get a discount.  However, I am going to keep trying to work with KGI to get members discounts, special products and anything else to encourage them to be members.  

Travis

P.S.  Membership has its privileges. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

There were no benefits when I joined and I didn’t use it for a tax deduction but you just keep on thinking the worst about things if it makes you feel better.

Atta boy...    Again just calling it as I see it..... sorry you feel you have to defend your actions.    Done

I only joined so I could get a reserved seat in the demo/listening room with my forum name embroidered in the headrest, a discount on some of the best fondue this side of Beverly Hills, and, of course, special recognition within the double secret click.....how sweet it is.....

• Haha 2