No Longer for Sale! Heresy WO - Nice!

Cody_Mack

Time to thin the herd to raise money for new stuff. Letting go these very fine 1983 WO Heresys and custom stands I had built. Consecutive serial numbers, which is very evident with the well matched veneer. Never opened the back but previous owner said they were stock. They sound just awesome!

Do not want to ship but if buyer wants to make all packaging and shipping arrangements then I will. Will deliver or meet within a reasonable distance in Houston and surrounding. Can also bring to Pilgrimage in May and hand off there.

Heresys $650 and stands $200. Will sell separate, but the package deal is $800. Audition and pickup in Fulshear, TX 77441

HWO-1.jpg

HWO-2.jpg

HWO-5.jpg

HWO-6.jpg

HWO-8.jpg

HWO-9.jpg

HWO-10.jpg

HWO-7.jpg

Edited by Cody_Mack
Update Title
  • Like 1

You are not kidding, very nice speakers and stands.

46 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Terrific photography, that's for sure!  Good luck with your sale.

Totally agree.

IMO, well worth your asking price.  Those stands rock.

Bill

• Like 1

A little bumpety-bump, and a reminder that I can hand these off at the Pilgrimage in May.

Had an older Vietnamese man, an "audiophile", come over and listen last night. He was pretty impressed with the Heresys, but threw out an insulting low-ball offer and didn't want to budge.

He brought these awesome Electa-Print 300B monblocks that weigh a ton and put out 13wpc, and so he cringed when I was connecting my cheap interconnects and speaker wires to it. He made it clear that he was into cables. Towards the end of the session he commented again about my cables, and I replied, "it sounded pretty freakin' awesome, though, didn't it?" He couldn't argue. I had noticed that he had mis-matched 300B tubes in the amp so I gave him a hard time about that! Good times!

I have a feeling he will call back and increase his offer.

Rick

1 hour ago, Cody_Mack said:

He was pretty impressed with the Heresys, but threw out an insulting low-ball offer and didn't want to budge.

Considering that he made an insulting low ball offer, you shouldn't budge either.  And the gear that he brought to audition them tells me he's not hurting for cash.....

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Best of luck with the sale. Curious what you used for the background/backdrop of the pictures. Looks fantastic as other has stated.

Several have commented and asked about the quality of the photos. All of those first photos were done by the previous owner so I don't know how he did them. With that backdrop you tend to think they are not of the same speakers for sale, but I kept looking at them and at the speakers and sure enough they are indeed actual representations.

Another person asked how did I not bust the 2MB limit with the first post. Believe or not, the largest size out of all of them is under 300KB, so he must have started with some huge resolution. I don't know a lot about photography, but that's my guess.

Rick

Weekly bump for these nice WOs. And as of this morning, Wifey has approved the extra funds I'm needing to finance that new power amp and pre/pro, so I really gotta move some surplus!

Again, these can be handed off at the Pilgrimage in May.

In addition to that trip, next weekend (3-May) we are traveling to Columbus, MS for our daughter's college graduation, and I think I can make room for them. Our usual route is I-10 from Houston to Hammond, LA, then north on I-55 through Jackson then NE to Columbus.

Rick

3 hours ago, Cody_Mack said:

Weekly bump for these nice WOs. And as of this morning, Wifey has approved the extra funds I'm needing to finance that new power amp and pre/pro, so I really gotta move some surplus!

Again, these can be handed off at the Pilgrimage in May.

In addition to that trip, next weekend (3-May) we are traveling to Columbus, MS for our daughter's college graduation, and I think I can make room for them. Our usual route is I-10 from Houston to Hammond, LA, then north on I-55 through Jackson then NE to Columbus.

Rick

I think these would make a nice graduation present!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, muel said:

I think these would make a nice graduation present!

Yes! That's what I've been telling folks at work, and on the neighborhood site. They ain't buying it, though...maybe I worded it wrong.... "Forgot to add, don't forget that music-loving graduating son (or daughter) headed off to college. You probably do not agree, but he/she would love to have the baddest speakers in the dorm...Ha!"

For sure; an excellent graduation gift, and a gift that could last another generation and beyond with proper care!

Well thanks to @muel, and my thoughts as well, these WILL be going to a graduate; and that graduate is my very own daughter who is graduating college this coming Saturday. I'm not going to get what I need for the speakers and stands, so what better than for them than to stay in the family! Congratulations, Allison, you did it!

Of course that won't be her only gift; Mom is at the Galleria as I type, probably looking for an over-priced designer purse or the like :o

So read 'em and weep, boys and girls; these are no longer for sale!5ae613b9c2ec0_IMG_07631.thumb.JPG.e0fcfe3adfd5a976d5095437dd8d94a2.JPG

Rick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cody_Mack said:

Well thanks to @muel, and my thoughts as well, these WILL be going to a graduate; and that graduate is my very own daughter who is graduating college this coming Saturday. I'm not going to get what I need for the speakers and stands, so what better than for them than to stay in the family! Congratulations, Allison, you did it!

Of course that won't be her only gift; Mom is at the Galleria as I type, probably looking for an over-priced designer purse or the like :o

So read 'em and weep, boys and girls; these are no longer for sale!5ae613b9c2ec0_IMG_07631.thumb.JPG.e0fcfe3adfd5a976d5095437dd8d94a2.JPG

Rick

---- the only weepin' to be done is you and the family during graduation - well deserved. Congrats --?!?!