Single La Scala Black WTB

kirby

Here is one in Texas. Don't know if it is close to ya, as Texas is pretty big.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-only-Klipsch-LaScala-Vintage-awesome-center-channel/142724188287?hash=item213b06487f:g:ng0AAOSwQXBaq-Qk

By the serial number they were made in 1979, and have the same "AA" crossover as yours.

IMG_0606.JPG

Edited by JBCODD
More info

Weird how many singles are turning up lately and not just Klipsch models - at least in my daily scouring of the classifieds 

My local craigslist has had more single L100s, AR-2axs and late model Heresys (Is and IIs) lately than I can ever remember

A lot of good speakers you wouldn't normally associate with the MONO era or center channel or musical instrument use or even home theater left overs

Still pricing 'em like blue smoke though, around here anyway

Thanks for the the heads-up on the EBay single near Houston. I messaged him a week ago for more pictures and info. There is a pretty large gouge in front top corner that would require quite a bit of work, like Duratex and filler. If no luck here, I may explore having a cabinet made and tracking down the components. I have a pair of K-33s to start.

I seem to have weakness for orphaned speakers.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 4/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, kirby said:

I have a single La Scala that came out of a Rodgers organ church installation that I would like to find a reasonable match for.. It is from 1978 with AA crossover. Pictures are linked below. I live in Dallas and I am attending the Pilgrimage in May if anyone has one we might "pony express" to Hope. Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/4Ju3a

Bump a year later. Still looking for a single or the components so I can have a cabinet built. Coming to the Pilgrimage again this year if anyone has one, let me know. Thanks

• Like 1