For Sale… Harman Kardon HK930

HPower

SOLD>>>

Asking $565 shipped.

I came across this receiver back in late 2012, here is a cut and paste from the ad from when I purchased it...

This HK 930 twin powered receiver apparently was a store demo unit back in the early 70's. I got it from the gentleman who owned the store. He said it was packed away in it's original box after being used in the store for a year with headphones only, never having speakers connected to it. Claims it has never been used since.
It still has the blue protective plastic around the chrome and definitely looks like his story.
He said it was forgotten about till 1980 when found in the back of his store. He then had it bench tested at that time and repacked it away. The bench test record is still in the box with all the original packaging and paperwork.
There are small fine marks around the head phone jacks attesting to his story, I had to look real close to see them though.
There are no indication that anything was ever plugged into the back.
The original extra fuse was still taped to the back when I pulled it out of the box for pictures. It fell off at that time and is in the box now.
I have brought it up on a variac and it is in perfect working order, one bulb is out and will leave that to be replaced by the purchaser as this is all original and unmolested. As in new condition
I did not open up the case but shined a flashlight in and it looks brand new inside also.
This is the finest HK 930 I have ever seen period and will make a perfect addition to anyones collection.

I used it sparingly for about 3 years and then in 2016 I took it to one of the best tech guys in the Toronto area and had him do a recap and replace a bunch of resistors.

Since then it has not been used much, primarily for listening to FM in my main system.
She is still spotless, just as it was when I took delivery, I even left the blue protective plastic around the chrome bezel.

To avoid any international shipping hassles for US buyers, I will ship insured from Niagara Falls, NY.

I will add some pics tonight and I can be emailed some for those interested.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

That unit is a beauty.  Just an excellent  clean design.  I really liked your YouTube video -  very well done.  If I weren't up to my ears in vintage amps I'd take a run at this.  This HK won't last long.  Good Luck with your sale.

• 2 years later...
On 4/13/2018 at 6:21 AM, HPower said:

SOLD>>>

Asking $565 shipped.

I came across this receiver back in late 2012, here is a cut and paste from the ad from when I purchased it...

This HK 930 twin powered receiver apparently was a store demo unit back in the early 70's. I got it from the gentleman who owned the store. He said it was packed away in it's original box after being used in the store for a year with headphones only, never having speakers connected to it. Claims it has never been used since.
It still has the blue protective plastic around the chrome and definitely looks like his story.
He said it was forgotten about till 1980 when found in the back of his store. He then had it bench tested at that time and repacked it away. The bench test record is still in the box with all the original packaging and paperwork.
There are small fine marks around the head phone jacks attesting to his story, I had to look real close to see them though.
There are no indication that anything was ever plugged into the back.
The original extra fuse was still taped to the back when I pulled it out of the box for pictures. It fell off at that time and is in the box now.
I have brought it up on a variac and it is in perfect working order, one bulb is out and will leave that to be replaced by the purchaser as this is all original and unmolested. As in new condition
I did not open up the case but shined a flashlight in and it looks brand new inside also.
This is the finest HK 930 I have ever seen period and will make a perfect addition to anyones collection.

I used it sparingly for about 3 years and then in 2016 I took it to one of the best tech guys in the Toronto area and had him do a recap and replace a bunch of resistors.

Since then it has not been used much, primarily for listening to FM in my main system.
She is still spotless, just as it was when I took delivery, I even left the blue protective plastic around the chrome bezel.

To avoid any international shipping hassles for US buyers, I will ship insured from Niagara Falls, NY.

I will add some pics tonight and I can be emailed some for those interested.

Thanks for looking.

Holy smokes! What a cool backstory and man that’s beautiful.