For Sale Jubilee Clones, Toronto area

HPower

SOLD...

I have decided to sell my fantastic 2Way Jubilee clones.

I am located in Newmarket, ON, so anybody in the area that might like to own Jubilees, here is your chance.

Asking $4,200 cnd.

I built these last winter and completed them in Feb. 2017.

They are constructed of 18mm (3/4in) Baltic Birch, based on a very good plan sheet that is said to be
very, very close to a factory built bin.
I actually had all the pieces cut on a CNC machine to ensure the utmost accuracy.

The base drivers were brand new Klipsch K31 woofers.
The K402 horn has Faital HF-200 compression drivers to supply the upper end.
Internal wiring is Supra Ply 3.4.

The bins and custom horn stands are veneered with Goncalo Alves (Tigerwood) veneer and then finished
with Rubio Monocoat in a Natural tone.

For a crossover, I use a Xilica XP-4080 that has been set up carefully for the crossover points, EQ, delay and gains.
The XP-4080 is available for an additional $800.

I have owned many of the Klipsch Heritage speakers and can say that Jubilees make the Cornwall, La Scala and
even the mighty KHorns sound like toys in comparison.

I did take over 100 shots during construction as a running log of my progress that I would be happy to show while auditioning.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0659_sm.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HPower said:

I have owned many of the Klipsch Heritage speakers and can say that Jubilees make the Cornwall, La Scala and
even the mighty KHorns sound like toys in comparison

Good luck with your sale and as good as the others are...They really knocked this one out of the park.

I registered just to say I am so interested in these, but I'm currently in the process of selling my current horns, and just can't afford to own two big pair of speakers at the same time. No idea if you'd be interested in a trade... but yeah good luck with the sale holy MOLY I just wish I had an opportunity to make you an offer back in Jan, if I had known you were lookin to sell theseI would have gotten these... amazing speakers, I know a lot about them, really unlucky that I'm stuck right now and cant purchase them just now. im local, so if i can sell mine I will contact you asap.

Hey Dude,

I just got some medical news that looks like will have me missing work for an extended period of time so I am trying to free up some cash

to weather the storm with.

They really are by far the best speaker system I have ever owned.

Coytee,

Thanks for the complements, I was not sure if I could pull this build off but with a lot of hard work they turned out as nice (looking and sounding)

as I ever could have hoped!

With Chis's help dialing in the crossover, they sound amazing.

D2Girls,

As per above, I am only looking to sell, I will respond to your PM.

• Like 1

Here is a shot showing how I built the stand for the 402 and how the Tigerwood wraps around the entire cabinet.

Notice how I ran the speaker wire for the horn up the spine from the upper speaker terminals, lower speaker terminals are for the bass section.

IMG_0470a_sm.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, D2Girls said:

I registered just to say I am so interested in these, but I'm currently in the process of selling my current horns, and just can't afford to own two big pair of speakers at the same time. No idea if you'd be interested in a trade... but yeah good luck with the sale holy MOLY I just wish I had an opportunity to make you an offer back in Jan, if I had known you were lookin to sell theseI would have gotten these... amazing speakers, I know a lot about them, really unlucky that I'm stuck right now and cant purchase them just now. im local, so if i can sell mine I will contact you asap.

Obviously I don't know your situation, right?

That said...  some people (my wife for example) would say "I can't afford to own two big pair of speakers at the same time"  Does she mean she can't afford the space it would take or does she mean she doesn't have the dollars?

In her case, it's the space.  She is unwilling to bend for a while in order to work in something that might fit better.  In the meantime, she'll miss out on good opportunities.

If your issue is funds related, we can all understand that.  If on the other hand, you are thinking you'd be cramped for a while and can't handle that...  then (pardon my words) get over it!!

Go give these a listen and get them (if they work for you sound-wise, which I'd have to expect them to).  Figure out the details later.  Stuff your old ones in your wife's bedroom (hahahaha) or the bathroom (hers of course!) or store them at a friends...(I actually did that decades ago (1978) when I bought my Electrovoice Interface D's.  Knew my mom would flip a gasket so built the system at my girlfriends apartment.  Brought them home after I got my mom over it.

In other words, if it's cash, we all get it.  If it's any other issue....  make it work and figure it out afterwards.

3 hours ago, HPower said:

just got some medical news that looks like will have me missing work for an extended period of time so I am trying to free up some cash

Terrible sorry to hear this, hope it all turns out all right.  Also sorry if I put in a spot to bring up a something you'd rather not.  Hope all is well. 

14 hours ago, HPower said:

Asking $4,200 cnd.

That's only $3328.71 U.S., for any that could make that drive that is a great price for any speaker by anybody who would have made it, especially at this build quality. 

8 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Obviously I don't know your situation, right?

That said...  some people (my wife for example) would say "I can't afford to own two big pair of speakers at the same time"  Does she mean she can't afford the space it would take or does she mean she doesn't have the dollars?

In her case, it's the space.  She is unwilling to bend for a while in order to work in something that might fit better.  In the meantime, she'll miss out on good opportunities.

If your issue is funds related, we can all understand that.  If on the other hand, you are thinking you'd be cramped for a while and can't handle that...  then (pardon my words) get over it!!

Go give these a listen and get them (if they work for you sound-wise, which I'd have to expect them to).  Figure out the details later.  Stuff your old ones in your wife's bedroom (hahahaha) or the bathroom (hers of course!) or store them at a friends...(I actually did that decades ago (1978) when I bought my Electrovoice Interface D's.  Knew my mom would flip a gasket so built the system at my girlfriends apartment.  Brought them home after I got my mom over it.

In other words, if it's cash, we all get it.  If it's any other issue....  make it work and figure it out afterwards.

believe me, if it were just a space issue I would have jumped on these TODAY...

I just finished my system a few month ago, I really didn't want to or think that anything this extraordinary would come up on the market, but lo and behold, here we are... going to try my best to not be utterly crushed if this deal passes me by. haha... always something in the future... I should be more patience. alas, I have little, as I am from the gen z crowd, 1991 child... patience just isn't in my vocabulary.

34 minutes ago, Md5150 said:

Any way to adjust the angle of the 402 horn up and down like the factory version with the stand you made?

No adjustment.

I temporarily supported the horn to have it 90* vertical from the base and then built the wooded support piece to fit,

so as to have the Crites bracket sit on it and remain vertical.

With the coverage of sound out of the 402, I can't see the need to aim it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HPower said:

I just got some medical news that looks like will have me missing work for an extended period of time so I am trying to free up some cash

Tom, I hope that you recover quickly.  You've got a least one person here that wishes you the best. 

It's been a pleasure working with you on your Jubs.  Whomever gets these is going to have a spectacular set of loudspeakers--both in terms of the audio presentation and visual.  Those are the nicest Jubilee bass bins that I've seen thus far.

Chris

Potential buyers:  Keep in mind that (in the US), a pair of 402's with driver attached would cost "about" $2,500.  If these are about $3,350 US, then you are getting beautiful clone cabinets for under a grand (for BOTH!)  Why am I not hearing a stampede?

HPower:  Hope you can get through this quickly and without too many issues. 

Thanks very much Chris for the kind words.

I never could have gotten these speakers sounding like they do without your offer to help with the crossover calibration / set-up.

Thanks Coytee, 

Even though I was able to ferret out a lot of the pieces needed for this build at some very reasonable costs. I maybe could have asked a little more.

In actual fact, they are worth more to me than my asking price, but up here in Canada the market is much smaller for such a speaker.