For Sale Jubilee Clones, Toronto area

HPower

27 minutes ago, rplace said:

If tucked tightly into a corner. How much bigger is the footprint of one over a khorn? How much further out each wall do they go?

As I understand, one of their design parameters was to be the 'same' footprint as a Khorn.  Keep in mind though that the Khorn uses part of the walls as its final flair...  the Jubilee, while still using the walls, has some of them attached (so to speak) making them appear larger.

So in absolute terms, we'll say the (physical sides) of the Jubilee extend maybe 25 inches from the corner (where the Khorn has none since you provide the walls)

Realistically, if you have space for a Khorn, you have space for a Jubilee. 

As I understand from Roy, as long as the Jubilee is within about 10 inches from the corner, you will not lose any bottom end extension.  This allows it to be a bit more flexible in placement and aiming.

5ad496afdcd98_Khornvs.Jubileecornerlayout.gif.de9214a42df5eb9af93346ba72e3f014.gif

Like the Khorn, two-way Jubilees tuck into the room corners easily. They take much less useful room floorspace than a dipole radiator or "floorstanding" loudspeakers.

Chris

• Thanks 1

5a5ccdd79a650_RoomLights(Medium).thumb.jpg.4f64a1dca31fe5cc4fd9b4da97e3a518.jpg

I read 25" on spec sheet. But that looked back to front. The above picture is how close I am on space. Need to know that nothing would obstruct projection to the screen. Room is dual purpose for movies and two channel. 

Thanks for input @Coytee. Seems possible perhaps, but need to know for sure

8 minutes ago, rplace said:

5a5ccdd79a650_RoomLights(Medium).thumb.jpg.4f64a1dca31fe5cc4fd9b4da97e3a518.jpg

I read 25" on spec sheet. But that looked back to front. The above picture is how close I am on space. Need to know that nothing would obstruct projection to the screen. Room is dual purpose for movies and two channel. 

Thanks for input @Coytee. Seems possible perhaps, but need to know for sure

It's not like you can't move a wall 2-3' .. Wider....

So do some demolition ... Make the room 4' wider !

Thanks for that visual @Chris A I've got about 6 inches from the red circle below to the start of the black frame on my screen and about 9 inches from the red circle to the start of the white screen. From the green circle going straight back to the screen/wall that front edge of the Khorn falls about an inch from the white part of the screen. Meaning it still falls on the black frame of the screen. Most movies don't fill the screen's witch 100% but some do. It is a constant height configuration.

JubCorner.jpg.e6cf33879b9d1e3997eb01bc7905443a.jpg

Too bad.

There are many rooms that will accept Tom's corner horns.  They're definitely worth it in terms of their increase in sound quality.

Chris

About 5-7 inches-depending on the toe-in angle you choose.  Jubs are not nearly as sensitive to being toed-in more than 45 degrees as are Khorns--which must have false corners to do it.  The K-402s are good out to 45 degrees off their horn's central axis without any real decrease in SPL--so you can toe-in farther without any change in SQ, and actually stabilize the stereo image better.  Good thing you're not using a flat screen TV.  Your projector can slightly reduce its image size, too.

Chris

5-7", really? Bummer. I was hoping for 2-3. Zoom in projector is an option, but not one I like. I am a diehard fan of constant height. I can't hardly tolerate any black bars top/bottom. I guess there is the option of hack saw and x-acto knife to make my screen smaller. I've got a friend in Toronto and this would be a good reason for a visit. Grrrrrrr!

Man, those are probably the prettiest pair I've ever seen.  I really like the veneer and attention to detail (connectors in back)

Let's see...  one of the prettiest pair ever made.

CNC construction

Correct drivers in bass bin

For the approximate price of a pair of K402's plus a grand, you can have the whole package...!

Someone yet again, remind me why I'm not hearing a stampede?

I drove 12 hours (one way) to get my Khorns ....  so distance isn't going to get much credit.  

Make it a journey!  Stop & smell some roses along the way.

I would buy these from Tom in a heartbeat but as I said before I already got a big set of horns (not as big as jubs, but still big) and i just dont have any money free to buy yet another even bigger pair of speaker, and i dont really have any place to put my horns i have at the moment... kind of stuck in a rock and a hard place right now. sucks extra bad because the only thing holding me back is money, i can easily get transportation to go get these, i also live in the gta.

In the PDF linked to on the first page of this thread https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=155745 the dimensions are given as 41.5 X 24.5. Let's just call that 42"x25. The Khorn has a 5-sided "home plate" of which I obviously have two of in my basement on top of my khorns. The Jubilee has six sides and does not come to a point...which I think helps my situation.  When I take a tape measure and put 42" at various angles 25" out from the corners between my screen I can easily make it fit. This makes me think I am doing/trying something wrong.

Chris @Chris A or anyone else can you please give me the various dimensions of the 6-sides of the top of the bass bin? I'm thinking perhaps they could be towed in (toward each other only for a very wide movie and then rotated to wider than a 45 degree angle any other time. My screen's outside edge is 95 inches wide with 28 inches on either side for a total wall width of 151 inches. Below is not drawn to scale but hopefully with Jubes can understand what I am trying to articulate and shed some light.

Chris, the link for "Stabilize the stereo image better" causes my browser to crash.

Green line = toed in (toward each other) more than 45 degrees for movies. Blue line = any other angle I want to rotate them out or toward the listening area

Room.jpg.6c0cba7c393fa2a3ec300d582e21f0a6.jpg