For Sale Jubilee Clones, Toronto area

HPower

On 4/14/2018 at 8:49 AM, HPower said:

Here is a shot showing how I built the stand for the 402 and how the Tigerwood wraps around the entire cabinet.

Notice how I ran the speaker wire for the horn up the spine from the upper speaker terminals, lower speaker terminals are for the bass section.

IMG_0470a_sm.jpg

This is incredible craftsmandship!!!!!

• Like 1

A shot of mine in production. Looks technically like its 8 sided. Two of the sides in the back are 90 degrees from each other so it will sit right back in a corner snug. Go get'em @rplace

image.png.aa570a80cab2d581636c21d5f456831d.png

You want me to measure anything?

Oh yea and tell us about your experience at the border, don't think you're going to be able to hide these:)

• Thanks 1

Although I never took measurements and both located in the same corners it appeared the Jubes were Much bigger than KHorns? Of course the appearance of the black 402 serves as a focal point but the KHorns seemed to disappear, tuck deep in the corner, the Jubes do not. For me there seemed a big difference in how each one occupied the corner.  

Here is a build plan view of the Jubilee bass bin, which is probably close to what Tom used:

Final.gif

I'd recommend laying out the Jubilee bass bin cross section using the same scale as your room and screen (plan view) and move it around to see if you can find a happy medium. I have used MS Excel and PowerPoint in the past, but paper works just as well.

Here is another copy of Bill Waslo's pdf article entitled "Setup of Controlled-Directivity Waveguide Speakers", Oct. 2012 on this forum: Setup of WG Speakers.pdf

Chris

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the picture @babadono I now see the 8 sides and have marked them. I'm assuming sides 1 and 3 would form a triangle, is that correct? If so then A-C and A-D should be the same length. If you could give me the measurements of A-B, A-C and C-D that would be greatly appreciated.

JubeSides.thumb.jpg.6a46885c3f24aaa5b5498eb55ca06f1d.jpg

EDIT, looks like @Chris A and I may have been posting at the same time. Thanks Chris! I might make a cardboard template of the A,C,D triangle. If the 402 horn is not a straight line from C to D please let me know.

16 minutes ago, rplace said:

If the 402 horn is not a straight line from C to D please let me know.

It's straight...and 39.5 inches wide.

Thanks Chris! The 65* drawing in the lower left answers a lot of question. That just might work. I guess I need to ask the question is a roughly 12x18 room too small? No possible way in the universe to put them on the 18 foot wall. They have to go on the wall in my original picture with the khorns and screen, aprox 151 inches.

Sorry not trying to hijack the sellers for sale, with all my questions. Obviously trying to find out if I can make it work.

You know what Roy says..."the smaller the room, the larger the horns you need...".  This isn't a joke, and there are some very valid reasons for it.  As far as your HT room, your Belle will be able to provide speech intelligibility for movie dialogue.  If you get to that point of discussing how to make the Belle sound exactly like the Jubilees in terms of its timbre, look me up.  I can help in that subject area.

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

You know what Roy says..."the smaller the room, the larger the horns you need...".  This isn't a joke, and there are some very valid reasons for it.  As far as your HT room, your Belle will be able to provide speech intelligibility for movie dialogue.  If you get to that point of discussing how to make the Belle sound exactly like the Jubilees in terms of its timbre, look me up.  I can help in that subject area.

Chris

I was concerned about timbre match initially because the room was a dedicated HT. I went so far as to match drivers (all Crites) and 3 matching crossovers from DeanG. Then I rekindled my love affair with great music and added tubes and a turn table and bought back endless amounts of vinyl. The HT gear is all solid state. At this point in my life I still love movies and use the HT 2-3 times a month for movies. Not too worried about dialogue problems with the HT were I to move forward with Jubilees. At this point I care much more about chasing the perfect 2-channel set up.

I am a bit apprehensive about an active crossover, just because I know zero about them or their use. Guessing like most things not too hard once you jump in.

I'm not sure why I'm even considering this as Khorns and VRDs are pretty sweet by most people's standards. But then saying that to this crowd is like telling a junkie just go cold turkey.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the fantastic compliments on my Jub-likes, you guy are making me feel both happy :)... and sad :(!

I will repeat myself, compared to all the other Heritage that I have had, the Jubilee is easily the best sounding of the bunch.

I wish I was not so far away from all the interest.

6 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

Amen! Or as I say if the room is a compromise why compromise the speaker 8-)

First, sorry to hear you're having a health problem.  I hope you make a quick and complete recovery.

Second, it's a real pity that you're about 4400 kilometres/2750 miles away.  That would be about an 8-day drive for me, each way. 

That would add a lot to the cost.  Crating and shipping your speakers would not be cheap, either.  I'd like to find a pair of Jubilees in Vancouver or Seattle, or even on the Island.  That would be practical.

Once again, I hope your medical news has a happy resolution.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:59 PM, HPower said:

I have decided to sell my fantastic 2Way Jubilee clones

AWESOME! The tigerwood veneer looks incredible! Almost bought a set of 402 horns, but just couldn't find the space for it. So; got some 904's which aren't too bad :) . If you, like most Canadians :D , come down to Florida I'd probably gladly take them of your hands. :D 

Best luck with your health!

Cheers, Emile

On 4/16/2018 at 10:53 AM, Dogsled said:

Located here in Denver, I would LOVE to get those, as I have been looking for K-horns. They look gorgeous, and from what I hear Jubilee's sound fantastic. Cannot seem to find K horns or Jubilees around this area. Best of luck to you!

I am looking for both in northern New Mexico.

I have the room, and it's only a 7 hour drive - but I don't have the money. Well, I could sell everything, and then I could do it. But by the time I sold everything, these would be gone, and I would be completely screwed.

The Tiger-Jub-Likes are SOLD and will have a new home this weekend.

Thanks so much for all the compliments and thanks for all the interest to purchase them.

Just sorry I had to disappoint a few of the great members here.

• Like 4