70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

1 minute ago, babadono said:

^OK so the only people that listen/buy Klipsch speakers are on this forum:)

I don't know what you mean.  Klipsch celebrates the company anniversary, not a specific speaker anniversary, as far as I know.

Just now, jimjimbo said:

I don't know what you mean.  Klipsch celebrates the company anniversary, not a specific speaker anniversary, as far as I know.

I'm just surprised that 70 beautiful(freaking beautiful) pairs of speakers would just not be gone by 2 years later. That's all.

43 minutes ago, babadono said:

If Klipsch in general that was 2016, they haven't sold all 70 pairs in 2+ years?

La Scala's aren't super hot sellers.  I'd be surprised if all the finishes put together was half that per year.  Klipsch doesn't even stock them, they are all made to order.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

La Scala's aren't super hot sellers.  I'd be surprised if all the finishes put together was half that per year.  Klipsch doesn't even stock them, they are all made to order.  

Good to know, that explains the lack of LS II on the used market as well).

Shame, I love my La Scala and have heard that the LS II are a good improvement, but haven't heard them yet.

My wife caught me on the website about to order 6 of them, she snatched my credit card out of my hand so fast and just gave me that look [emoji35][emoji380] and I all most p my shorts
I told her I would be more then happy to sleep on the couch for the next year
Sadly that did not work[emoji27]

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

My wife caught me on the website about to order 6 of them, she snatched my credit card out of my hand so fast and just gave me that look emoji35.pngemoji380.png and I all most p my shorts
I told her I would be more then happy to sleep on the couch for the next year
Sadly that did not workemoji27.png

Tell he you're willing to compromise and only order ONE PAIR. That should do it............image.gif.a6bec13edb9f7637ab211201ad57ac3e.gif

• Like 1

Acknowledged!  I received that discount and then some.  The warehouse folks did not have a clue what they were shipping.   Month and half later I finally have the matching pair in my possession. They wasted too much of my time.   I'll post them side by side with the  birch pair I have.

They do have matching numbers.  But I suggest calling one of the Robot-Humans and  have them specifically  call down to the warehouse and verify the serial numbers on the  box for the pair of speakers.  Once they get those numbers then have the Robot Human put those numbers on the order invoice so when it is sent to the warehouse they hopefully grab the correct two speakers.  No guarantee but if you press hard enough it can happen. Also I forced them to call me  within two hours with the update that the matching serial numbers were in hand and being held for shipment to the one and only.   Throughout the entire BS process they did throw in some additional discounts for the mess up'.  My guess is they have quite a few pairs sitting in the warehouse.  Lots of bird-Shite on the top of the boxes with a fine layer of dust.    None the less,   24L and 24R will be perched in the front living room shortly as both are in my possession. 

Shipped them through Team World Wide Freight out of New Jersey.   Those guys know what they were doing.  They were an integral part in getting this serial number mixe up corrected.

I called their main office in New Jersey and had them go out on the floor to verify the serial numbers.  On the second screw up  they verified they had the wrong serial number.  Team World Wide sent a message to  the  Adorama warehouse tell them the customer was not happy with what they had shipped out and they should return  the speaker back for the correct serial number.   Adorama then put a few more folks on it and they obtained the correct serial number shipped that one and again I called Team World Wide . They(Tony/EJ)  verified the serial number to be correct.  We were all excited and they shipped  FAST!  1 day from Jersey to Dallas.  Once in Dallas they scheduled time , two days later  a pallet with both pieces arrived.  .

If you dont call ,  no matter what  TWW freight will ship  the  product.  What they  received from Adorama is out of their hands.  Which I understood.  But the fact that they  sent message to Adorama  to explain the issue was pretty good of them.  Very customer friendly and professional.

Dont get me wrong  all the above is B.S. way to run a company...  But what you have in Adorama is a company that deals  in  everything from hair dryers to  high end audio equipment.  And they do deals all over the world.   So they are by no means experts in  the customer service department on all the items.  They are robots.  Considering the sweetheart deal I received,   I was able to work around  the ineptness. Took 1.5 months , but now the only pain/pleasure being dished out is coming from some finely tuned horned speakers.

• Like 1

Pan man you need to stay on it.  Adorama runs on Jewish holidays.   Saturday they are closed but  they are open Sunday.  Call them again tomorrow and verify the order then also insist they write down  the serial numbers on the invoice.  The serial numbers should be  consecutive.   The last four digits are  key.     Thus if you get  0067 then you should get 0068.  It states clearly on the box which speakers match together.

Then call again on Sunday to verify.  Also,  if you can have them  call you back to verify that the warehouse grabs two consecutive number speaker, do this and insist on it......     Send lots of emails because they typically respond  with the robot email.    Call again Monday.   Then check which shipping unit they are using.   Call the shipping outfit as soon as they get the items to Adorama and verify with them what the serial numbers are .   They cant fix it but at least you'll know if Adorama screwed up.    then start calling Adorama if there is a screw up .  Tell them to get it right.  Keep asking for manager .   I worked with the sales people but I was very firm with them.  Telling them what to do step by step.    Gave them my cell phone and insisted that they called me.