70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

Clairz T.   is one lady that I spoke with  a  ton.  I pushed her hard to get this right.  I think at this point she understands the importance of keeping these in pairs.  I went over in detail with her on the the consecutive numbers.       This can be done,  but you have to stay on them.    My hope is the  amount of time I hammered on them they would get it.  But I wouldn't count on it.  They have   at least a 100 phone operators.     Tell them you have spoke with Clairz T.  and that she understands what needs to be done on the Klipsch 70th Anniversary La Scalas.   Get her involved even if she is not involved.....Raising my dBs  helped in some cases:  But in this case it was not always about the sensitivity levels......Doh!

9 minutes ago, Pete Mote said:

Pan man you need to stay on it.  Adorama runs on Jewish holidays.   Saturday they are closed but  they are open Sunday.  Call them again tomorrow and verify the order then also insist they write down  the serial numbers on the invoice.  The serial numbers should be  consecutive.   The last four digits are  key.     Thus if you get  0067 then you should get 0068.  It states clearly on the box which speakers match together.

Then call again on Sunday to verify.  Also,  if you can have them  call you back to verify that the warehouse grabs two consecutive number speaker, do this and insist on it......     Send lots of emails because they typically respond  with the robot email.    Call again Monday.   Then check which shipping unit they are using.   Call the shipping outfit as soon as they get the items to Adorama and verify with them what the serial numbers are .   They cant fix it but at least you'll know if Adorama screwed up.    then start calling Adorama if there is a screw up .  Tell them to get it right.  Keep asking for manager .   I worked with the sales people but I was very firm with them.  Telling them what to do step by step.    Gave them my cell phone and insisted that they called me.

Wow, that sounds exhausting.  

It was not fun. But instead of taking it out on the dog, I let loose on them.😂

Basically, one must stay on the phone until you get resolution .  Once I figured out they did not understand . I used each call to solve one problem until  my final speaker was delivered. 

Yes, it does take some effort.  Adorama owned up to their ignorance and  compensated properly.  Would I order again from them?  Yes if the product and price was right.   Worst case is you return it back to them.   I opted to hold out and get them to ship the correct  speakers, even after two botched shipments. 

14 minutes ago, Panelhead said:

I will call tomorrow to speak with Clairz  T. Hopefully still there. 

Thanks for the help. I am pumped!

Stay Hungry.  You'll be rewarded with some LS's 70th...    Even if Clairz is not around they know each others  "Handle"  .   Ask them to reference to her  so they can get the order right.  She contacted the Adorama  warehouse numerous times.   The key is to see the  serial numbers on the invoice.    Tell them you could care less what serial numbers they are as long as they are consecutive numbers for  the 70th Anniversary  LS model.    Ask them to call you back. Also get a time on when they will call you.  I gave them a two window. They usually  beat that time..If necessary  use the "I would like to speak with your manager"   technique. Worked or me.  Fyi. I never had to speak with a floor manager. 

Turn it up to 11 !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

do it! you know you want to?  that's an amazing price for a pair of limited editions 

With 48 months no interest payments currently, using the Adorama credit card, it was a NO BRAINER, so the order was placed. Now, the waiting game , delivery in 7-10 days. I have already a pair that I  bought new last year, and it is the best speakers I have ever heard or owned. I just could not pass this offer. they cost less then the regular series La Scala's II. 

as for the consecutive numbers, I will have to do some follow up with them .

• Like 1

Okay I see it... thanks.

may I ask how you are broaching the issue of getting the matching pair with Adorama?

with 48 no interest I am probably going to do it but I dont want any issues with them shipping the wrong speakers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

I guess I am just crossing my fingers, but will make some follow up calls to them. 

I would also get a good email address for whomever you are dealing with, and ask for confirmation of the matching numbers in the email.  I would not be shy about letting them know your insistence of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pallpoul said:

I guess I am just crossing my fingers, but will make some follow up calls to them. 

I've been on the phone with them for about an hour... they cannot confirm serialization. They have 8 pairs left so thats 64 possible combinations minus 4 correct combinations .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I've been on the phone with them for about an hour... they cannot confirm serialization. They have 8 pairs left so thats 64 possible combinations minus 4 correct combinations .

Good luck Schu!

• Like 2