70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

Hi Michael,

Thank you for letting us know that this pair of speakers are issued by the factory as a "Set".

I have reached out with our Warehouse department that this should ship out in pair.

You will be notified via email with tracking number once it has been shipped.

Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Roxanne A. 
Customer Care Associate
(800)223-2500 or (212)741-0401

• Like 2

Hi Michael,

I appreciate the information that you have provided.

Rest assured this will be forwarded to the right department. 

Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Roxanne A. 
Customer Care Associate
(800)223-2500 or (212)741-0401

• Like 1

Hi Michael, 

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.  

We are still checking on the items serial number.

Please bear with us, we are trying our best to have the issue closed 
and resolved soon. We will get back to you as soon as we have an 
update. 

Sincerely,  

Dexie R.| Adorama Inc.| Customer Service 
42 West 18th Street New York NY  10011 
212.741.0401 | www.adorama.com 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Its Emile that is doomed emoji15.png

Well ... wasn't looking forward to eating BigMac's and having to live in the "other side" of the house, but if the sound is worth it I could do it :D 

OK, heard them before but wanted to be sure. So; went to visit a friend (100 mi roundtrip) to check out his LS II's (w/ Oppo player and Mac MC275's).  Very impressed with the awesome very clear and defined bass sound; also liked the mid/high range.  Got back home and fired up my KPT-904's (w/ a cheaper Oppo and a cheaper Marantz) ... bass digs a little bit deeper, but not as "refined."  But the 510 horns (with 3" B&C drivers) made the decision for me. Sorry, but IMHO much better than the LS's. Know I'll hear about that :D 

So, decided NOT to get them :(  Probably will regret it when the sale is over :( but meanwhile I'll continue to drink good wine instead of "two buck chuck." :D 

Cheers, Emile

PS, Played the same music on both ... Beethoven's 9th, Tchaikovsky 1st violin concerto, Pavarotti, Genesis, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Pink Floyd and Cream :) 

PS2, Even got my wife to say "OK; if you really want them, get them ...." :D 

Add-on ... think I have decided to get some Jubilees ... if I can ever find them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Whoa!!!  The official "okie-dokie" speaks volumes!  Just call Cory Harrison and he'll hook ya right up!  NOW we can truly discuss the "odds!"   Well, maybe!  😂

Just do that if you're looking for LaScalas. So they won't be Anniversary Editions, you'll still love them and I'd much rather buy from @MetropolisLakeOutfitters. It will take a major life circumstance for to ever part with mine. I would like that grille cloth used on those speakers but the walnut is gorgeous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Just do that if you're looking for LaScalas.

Actually looking for K-402 Jube horns :) Think they will work pretty good with my KPT-904 bass bins (sorry; forgot the "actual number" of those). Anyone with a bargain? Haha :( 

• Like 1

Emile, you crack me up. I just read about your 904 cabinet make over and already your out looking at the LS 2's. 

So, did your friend have a sub hooked up to the LS 2's? That's the knock on them, right? Bottom end is lacking? I've heard only match a horn sub with all horn Klipsch. Does this hold true? Also, anyone have experience with BK Electronics out of England? Supposed to be great sub at the price point

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

I just read about your 904 cabinet make over and already your out looking at the LS 2's. 

So, did your friend have a sub hooked up to the LS 2's?

Yeah :D Love my KPT-904's, but was looking at the "big sale" on the LS2's :) But like my horn on the 904's ... therefore looking for the "ultimate" horn the K-402 Jubilee horn,

Yes, my friend has a good sub, but I "just" wanted to hear the LS2's so we turned if off.

Cheers, Emile

• Like 2

ClaudeJ1, I agree about the marketing bs. It's an excuse to drive up the price for no real tangible benefit, except aesthetics. I would never pay a $2K premium each for the 70th version, BUT, if you can get the Anniversary edition for less than the cost of a regular edition pair, why not? 

Winner, winner, chicken dinner !! Or, you'll have money left over to down some of that expensive wine Emile is drinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

ClaudeJ1, I agree about the marketing bs. 

Klipsch Audio Technologies is an American loudspeaker company, Founded in Hope, Arkansas in 1946 as 'Klipsch and Associates' by Paul W. Klipsch.

that's 70 years.

No where is there a mention that the LaScala, or the Heresy for that matter, is celebrating 70 years (of production).

• Like 1

Well ... wasn't looking forward to eating BigMac's and having to live in the "other side" of the house, but if the sound is worth it I could do it [emoji3] 

OK, heard them before but wanted to be sure. So; went to visit a friend (100 mi roundtrip) to check out his LS II's (w/ Oppo player and Mac MC275's).  Very impressed with the awesome very clear and defined bass sound; also liked the mid/high range.  Got back home and fired up my KPT-904's (w/ a cheaper Oppo and a cheaper Marantz) ... bass digs a little bit deeper, but not as "refined."  But the 510 horns (with 3" B&C drivers) made the decision for me. Sorry, but IMHO much better than the LS's. Know I'll hear about that [emoji3] 
So, decided NOT to get them [emoji20]  Probably will regret it when the sale is over [emoji20] but meanwhile I'll continue to drink good wine instead of "two buck chuck." [emoji3] 

Cheers, Emile

PS, Played the same music on both ... Beethoven's 9th, Tchaikovsky 1st violin concerto, Pavarotti, Genesis, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Pink Floyd and Cream [emoji4] 
PS2, Even got my wife to say "OK; if you really want them, get them ...." [emoji3] 

Add-on ... think I have decided to get some Jubilees ... if I can ever find them
Wow that was an excellent decsion for you then and it was great you could demo a pair [emoji6]

Funny how your wife said if you really want them you can have them

Did you manage to spot what was on the page of the prada catalogue she was reading when she said that lol

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1