70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

10 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Lemme know when you put the check in the mail... :emotion-19:

Check is in the mail :D 

Interestingly, my K510 horns are now "sideways" on my KPT-904 bass bins and still sound excellent :)  (Needed to make room for L/R Heresy's on my AVR - on top of the bins also ... haha; have those turned upside down :D )

Cheers, Emile

30 minutes ago, Schu said:

I am wondering if Klipsch actually produced 70 pairs of La Scalas/Klipschorns/Heresys... 

I have a sneaking suspicion that the answer is probably no.

And why would they do that?  If, for some reason this WAS the case, they would be guilty of fraudulent advertising and probably subject to lawsuits from those that purchased these units believing that they are limited edition, as is stated on the website.  Ok, maybe they built a few for backup, in case there was damage, etc.  I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/la-scala-70th-anniversary-edition

• Like 1

Schu, I'm with you.

Don't know when in 2016 they were released, so let's say it was late as December '16. That means in 18 months they haven't sold all 70 pairs of LS 2 AE speakers??  They couldn't sell more than 4 pair per month?? But, they're still not all sold yet. Adorama isn't the only place selling em. If Adorama had about 8 on the floor, and there's half a dozen more closed box units out there, they maybe sold 3 pairs a month !!! Worldwide ???? Where are the Klipsch fans OR is there a bamboozle by Klipsch as they keep cranking em out based on demand?

Would the proud owner/owners of LS 2 Anniversary Edition with ser#'s 0071/0072 and higher please report in......

However, still a helluva deal at less than base unit price no matter the ser# 🤑

• Haha 1

Jimjimbo, I hear ya. And I agree. I'm still caught up with, "if it's too good to be true".....

Anyone that has them from this deal, have you found a little oval sticker hidden on the underside of the speaker that says "China" ??

C'mon now, just havin fun. 

In all reality one does have to be aware of counterfeit scams. One of the Koch brothers lost millions on a wine fraud scam. The wine was sold through reputable dealers. Heck, they were scammed too. There's fake Rolexes, Gucci handbags, paintings like Rembrandt's. I even read of a fake Ferrari seized by customs that was so genuine looking they could only tell when the wiring harness was examined closely. 

Just sayin'.......

38 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

Schu, I'm with you.

Don't know when in 2016 they were released, so let's say it was late as December '16. That means in 18 months they haven't sold all 70 pairs of LS 2 AE speakers??  They couldn't sell more than 4 pair per month?? But, they're still not all sold yet. 

I heard that annual normal La Scala sales are well under 50 pairs a year... the 70th's were considerably more expensive. It's not hard to imagine that 70 pairs were not made.

Perhaps klipsch made 140 speakers and had them warehoused... that seems not very capital friendly "just in time" production when the normal La Scala is made when ordered.

In addition, custom finishes are EXTREMELY expensive from the factory... in the neighborhood or many thousands of dollars... even on the smaller Heresy. These 70th's have a Queensland walnut veneer that will never be available (according to klipsch) on another pair.

18 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

Schu, I'm with you.

Don't know when in 2016 they were released, so let's say it was late as December '16. That means in 18 months they haven't sold all 70 pairs of LS 2 AE speakers??  They couldn't sell more than 4 pair per month?? But, they're still not all sold yet. Adorama isn't the only place selling em. If Adorama had about 8 on the floor, and there's half a dozen more closed box units out there, they maybe sold 3 pairs a month !!! Worldwide ???? Where are the Klipsch fans OR is there a bamboozle by Klipsch as they keep cranking em out based on demand?

Would the proud owner/owners of LS 2 Anniversary Edition with ser#'s 0071/0072 and higher please report in......

However, still a helluva deal at less than base unit price no matter the ser# 🤑

OK, so if I'm not mistaken, when these first came out, the MSRP was $14000.00 per pair.....$6999.00, each....Please correct me if I'm wrong...however, I challenge you to name another speaker company that has sold 70 pairs of $14000.00 speakers in 18 months.  Not gonna happen.  So then, when sales were slow at that price point, the sharks (Adorama, and others) started circling......and started acquiring, and offering at significant discounts.  OK, fine.  Now, it's summer 2017/2018, and it's a slow time in the retail business, for everything....  Again, I challenge you to name another speaker company kicking a$$ selling $6000.00 pairs of speakers.  Oh, but now, Adorama puts out this grand sale that they can't even guarantee are matched pairs.  And they're having issues with figuring out what makes a "set"....Really?    And, and.....the (beauty is in the eye of the beholder), beautiful, wonderful Australian walnut is not everyone's cup of tea, nor is the notion that should you (Heaven forbid) want to sell them somewhere down the road, you have to come to the realization that you paid a very significant premium for a cute little plaque or whatever it is, and a special veneer.....Well, good luck with that.

You're so ignorant I can not (and DONT NOT want to) have a conversation with you. You cannot even read the content and comprehend intent and make proper determinations.

Go obsess about someone else because you're about as troublesome and important to me as something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Schu said:

You're so ignorant I can not (and DONT NOT want to) have a conversation with you. You cannot even read the content and comprehend intent and make proper determinations.

Go obsess about someone else because you're about as troublesome and important to me as something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

Yep, the truth hurts, don’t it?

Thaddeus, you're killin' me. 

Jimjimbo, don't be a hater. Be happy. True, Australian Zebrawood is not everyone's cup of tea. But, I harken back, $5600 for the 70th Anniversary Edition vs. $8000 for standard version. It's the biggest "no brainer" in the history of the world !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

Thaddeus, you're killin' me. 

Jimjimbo, don't be a hater. Be happy. True, Australian Zebrawood is not everyone's cup of tea. But, I harken back, $5600 for the 70th Anniversary Edition vs. $8000 for standard version. It's the biggest "no brainer" in the history of the world !!!

I am not a hater… Didn’t say a single thing that wasn’t true.  If you want to gloss over the truth, that’s your prerogative, not mine. And, believe me, you can get the standard version for less than the 70th anniversary edition.  And, I’m the ignorant one? That’s a hoot… 

Schu, yup, I called Klipsch on that point. All warranties handled thru Klipsch. 

Schu just chill. In a few days those beautiful Zebras are gonna land on your doorstep. After set up you'll settle into "position A", take a sip of your favorite beverage, and hit "play". At that point with a big shite eating grin on your face, you're gonna feel like the smartest guy on the planet !!