70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

not many of those speakers were made

Well, I guess that makes them all the more rare/valuable/desirable.....Next thing you know, we'll hear that Australian Zebra Walnut has just been declared an endangered species, and only those that possess 27 grams of rhino horn powder will be authorized to own them....but, watch out for those lions!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/world/south-africa-poachers-killed-trnd/index.html

1 hour ago, Schu said:

You're so ignorant I can not (and DONT NOT want to) have a conversation with you. You cannot even read the content and comprehend intent and make proper determinations.

Go obsess about someone else because you're about as troublesome and important to me as something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

I love you man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I actually think the most "valuable/desirable" Heritage speakers are used and unfortunately that is a double-edged sword for Klipsch. 

Damnit Zen....I have to agree with you.....I just threw up a little......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I'm goin retro w/me '81 RB LS  -1's...  I'm just old and I loved what I lugged around.  They're purrdy and sound great!  Just like makin' love...  Once ya learn how ya never forget!  Burma Shave  :)

trust Dave to connect LS to makin luv

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sonicman said:

Schu, I'm with you.

Don't know when in 2016 they were released, so let's say it was late as December '16. That means in 18 months they haven't sold all 70 pairs of LS 2 AE speakers??  They couldn't sell more than 4 pair per month?? But, they're still not all sold yet. Adorama isn't the only place selling em. If Adorama had about 8 on the floor, and there's half a dozen more closed box units out there, they maybe sold 3 pairs a month !!! Worldwide ???? Where are the Klipsch fans OR is there a bamboozle by Klipsch as they keep cranking em out based on demand?

Would the proud owner/owners of LS 2 Anniversary Edition with ser#'s 0071/0072 and higher please report in......

However, still a helluva deal at less than base unit price no matter the ser# 🤑

I can vouch for  24 of 70.  I am also aware of 34 of 70.      Great set of   performance speakers.  The Thunder from down under  was just as I expected.  

22 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, so if I'm not mistaken, when these first came out, the MSRP was $14000.00 per pair.....$6999.00, each....Please correct me if I'm wrong...however, I challenge you to name another speaker company that has sold 70 pairs of $14000.00 speakers in 18 months.  Not gonna happen.  So then, when sales were slow at that price point, the sharks (Adorama, and others) started circling......and started acquiring, and offering at significant discounts.  OK, fine.  Now, it's summer 2017/2018, and it's a slow time in the retail business, for everything....  Again, I challenge you to name another speaker company kicking a$$ selling $6000.00 pairs of speakers.  Oh, but now, Adorama puts out this grand sale that they can't even guarantee are matched pairs.  And they're having issues with figuring out what makes a "set"....Really?    And, and.....the (beauty is in the eye of the beholder), beautiful, wonderful Australian walnut is not everyone's cup of tea, nor is the notion that should you (Heaven forbid) want to sell them somewhere down the road, you have to come to the realization that you paid a very significant premium for a cute little plaque or whatever it is, and a special veneer.....Well, good luck with that.

Really!  The Adorama sales folks  sell  hair dryers to high end audio equipment.   Their heads are pretty much in the sand.  I had to spoon feed them through the entire  process.  I would have only hoped that my 1.5 month grindfest would have  pointed them in the right direction.   Keep fighting the good fight Schu,  they will get it right. 

22 hours ago, Schu said:

You're so ignorant I can not (and DONT NOT want to) have a conversation with you. You cannot even read the content and comprehend intent and make proper determinations.

Go obsess about someone else because you're about as troublesome and important to me as something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

You'll be smiling soon with the thunder down under.  The way I look at it I had some extra cash under the floor mats of my car... The bright idea of  adding a third pair of LS's(70's) to the collection  hit me. Now I have more leg room in the car to boot.........   By the way they sound great, they look spectacular and they are real.