70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

For hell's sake Schu, calm down. I think it does make sense. When you talk crossovers, individual components, cabinetry, etc., you can definitely "tune" two speakers or establish like similarities between two speakers and pair them. Veneers, I get it. I think that's the bond. But Left & Right? Why?

And, don't tell me I don't make sense. Reading your posts tells me you don't have the good sense God gave a claw hammer. Just sayin' cause you're sayin'. 😎

2 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

For hell's sake Schu, calm down. I think it does make sense. When you talk crossovers, individual components, cabinetry, etc., you can definitely "tune" two speakers or establish like similarities between two speakers and pair them. Veneers, I get it. I think that's the bond. But Left & Right? Why?

And, don't tell me I don't make sense. Reading your posts tells me you don't have the good sense God gave a claw hammer. Just sayin' cause you're sayin'. 😎

Except that they don't do that. I've walked the factory floor several times over the past few years. They pair the speakers based on veneer.. networks, wires, and drivers are all located on shelves and installed into the cabinets. Final stage is QC testing to make sure the drivers are functional through the frequency range, but no bespoke tuning is taking place.

I think Schu is pretty calm, especially since he is waiting for these bad boys to come into his possession.  There are speakers on the line here, so cut him some slack. As far as your interests of the sonics. The cabinets are designed to spec.  We're talkin' 1 inch MDF with Walnut veneers.  The  crossover for the high, mid and low ranges are tuned at the factory.   Accept that these are a badass speaker.   The LSII heritage sound great, but these 70th's  look and sound so much better IMO.  Stay thirsty!

• Like 1

Aha, Thaddeus thank you. That's what I'm looking for to my non-sensical question. It's all about veneers not tuning. Again, why a R & L designation? I have ADS L1230 floors that are obviously designated left and right because of the cant on the tweet and mid on each speaker. But why on the Klipsch?  Mystique?

No Pete,  Schu is not calm. He's hyper defensive and worried about being screwed. He's not gonna be. You proved it. He appears to think everyone is out to get him. The deal is legit I believe. Cut him slack? Fugetaboutit. 

The beauty of the sound is in the ears of the beholder. If you love the sound, and you love the look, the fact that you got such a great deal should make you love them even more. 

Congrats

• Sad 1

No Pete,  Schu is not calm. He's hyper defensive and worried about being screwed. He's not gonna be. You proved it. He appears to think everyone is out to get him. The deal is legit I believe. Cut him slack? Fugetaboutit. 

The beauty of the sound is in the ears of the beholder. If you love the sound, and you love the look, the fact that you got such a great deal should make you love them even more. 

Congrats

Schu has a pair of of LSII's that were a good deal, but ended up being demolished by UPS. It was a stressful and frustrating time for him.. now he's paid considerably more to buy these special editions and get some unblemished LSII's in his house (which is all he wanted to begin with), so cut him some slack if he's a little extra paranoid this time around.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

Congrats

I'll drink to that!  Adorama are a band of bumbling idiots.  The pain can only be contained by  JD and laxatives.  I can only have happy thoughts for Schu and his procurement of some very fine high end, limited edition audio speakers.

Because of the early hefty price tag on the 70ths, most were sitting idle.  When mine finally made it, all had loads of bird shite and dust on the boxes.  All on pallets. No digs or dents on the merchandise.  Good thoughts for Schu and his  ying-yang arrival. .

7 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

Well, uh, ok.....schu did the call out not me. Fisticuffs? Really? Too sensitive boys. Looking to share, be informed, and not be dismissive. So sorry.....

It still makes absolutely no sense... that's not dismissive, it's just a fact.

Your read on me is way off base, don't play poker. I'm in no way as impassioned as your misinterpretation suggests... even @jimjimbo read on me is so far off base it's not even funny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Chit that does it I'm buying a pair. Somebody post the link and serial number matching instructions.  I have hundreds of new cds and records.  Timing is everything 

They're all gone...

But here is the clear information for the warehouse workers...

42480852664_d5c2ab9614_o.jpg

• Sad 1

Haha, I'm livin' it because passion is an amazing thing. I wouldn't be guilty of calling myself an audiophile but I have a passion for music. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

1 minute ago, Sonicman said:

Haha, I'm livin' it because passion is an amazing thing. I wouldn't be guilty of calling myself an audiophile but I have a passion for music. 

Hayden Fry once said, "scratch where it itches"  Get yourself a pair of  La Scalas and let the world(neighborhood)  know who's home tonight! 

fyi, if you live in a gated community even better, gives you a buffer prior to the fuzz knocking on your door for disorderly house and noise ordinance tixs.