70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

51 minutes ago, Pete Mote said:

Because of the early hefty price tag on the 70ths, most were sitting idle.  When mine finally made it, all had loads of bird shite and dust on the boxes.  All on pallets. No digs or dents on the merchandise.  Good thoughts for Schu and his  ying-yang arrival. .

I've been advised... that the annual sales of the modern new La Scala II is probably under 50 units a year, hence my initial comment that I don't see how all seventy 70th's were probably ever made... unless they made all 140 book matched speakers in one run and they have been sitting unsold the entire time. I found that some what unlikely because they really don't stock a bunch of the regular units and they are made to order.

• Like 1

Schu, how in the hell can you tell someone that they make no sense and not be dismissive. What you're saying is that your sense of your intelligence and common sense is superior to mine. And, I'm not even saying that may not be true. But, instead of offering up a reply that gave ponderance and insight, you chose to dismiss. I hope you're not an educator. 

1 hour ago, Schu said:

The fact that Adorama sold them as singles is representative that they had no idea what they were selling beyond the sense that they were expensive speakers 

My question would be did you get a discount? If not and you paid full MSRP I am with you but if you didn.t then...Regardless, if the end up at your house damaged  THAT is where you have the beef, imo.d

10 minutes ago, Schu said:

I've been advised... that the annual sales of the modern new La Scala II is probably under 50 units a year, hence my initial comment that I don't see how all seventy 70th's were probably never made... unless they made all 140 book matched speakers in one run and they have been sitting unsold the entire time. I found that some what unlikely because they really don't stock a bunch of the regular units and they are made to order.

Interesting.  I checked with a dealer and he  has  pairs  05 of 70  thru  16 of 70.        He has 12 pairs alone.    I am not sure of how many Klipsch dealers there are but I suspect there are quite a few .   Adorama most likely have(had)  24 through 34 ,  So they had  at least 10 pairs. 

70 LaScala pairs of 70th Anniversary's sounds pretty cool.  An excellent sales slogan that pulled me in...............

I may be in pursuit of the holy grail  69 of 70 .    I'm on the hunt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pete Mote said:

fyi, if you live in a gated community even better, gives you a buffer prior to the fuzz knocking on your door for disorderly house and noise ordinance tixs.

And I do... I've never had an officer come to my home. My neighbor to the right is actually a law enforcement officer and there are several down the street.

I really listen over 85db, which is probably one big reason why I chose to stay with LSII's over going with Jubilees... although someday perhaps.

• Like 1

Guest wdecho

I believe the left, right designation is for appearance only, for the effect the installer of the veneer thought best. As far as making a difference in the sound, with LaScala's I do not believe it will make any difference which one goes to the left and which goes to the right. Unless something has changed with the positioning of the horns in the cabinet I cannot understand why it would make a difference. If whoever buys a pair puts the left one to the right and the right to the left I do not think it is going to make any difference in the sound. I think it is more of a suggestion for appearance sake. 

Shu I am envious of you getting such lovely speakers. I am an owner of a '86 year set and the appearance has drastically changed. The early LaScala's could be considered spartan looking at best. 

wdecho, cool, I buy that. 

Pete switched them, and he seems happy. 

Can I switch gears? Pete, others, what about the low end? What are you finding in the bass bottom?  51hz seems high as I'm coming off a low of 34hz I believe with my speakers. Do you feel a sub is going to be necessary?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

My question would be did you get a discount? If not and you paid full MSRP I am with you but if you didn.t then...Regardless, if the end up at your house damaged  THAT is where you have the beef, imo.d

I had stated previously that I would even consider a mismatched pair if they happened to arrive that way, but I would want a further discount. The matching numbers is cool in all, but the properly book matched veneer is far more important for me personally. I used to collect acoustic guitars that included a lot of Martin's a few Bourgeois and a couple goodalls and I am very sensitive to book matching.

At 2799$ each I think this represents an amazingly good deal on a factory run of custom limited speakers... specially when free white glove delivery from across the country,  hand selected veneer book matching and limited numbers are concerned.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

Schu, how in the hell can you tell someone that they make no sense and not be dismissive. What you're saying is that your sense of your intelligence and common sense is superior to mine. And, I'm not even saying that may not be true. But, instead of offering up a reply that gave ponderance and insight, you chose to dismiss. I hope you're not an educator. 

No... I am NOT your father figure confessor, please look to fill that need elsewhere  😛

19 minutes ago, Pete Mote said:

Interesting.  I checked with a dealer and he  has  pairs  05 of 70  thru  16 of 70.        He has 12 pairs alone.    I am not sure of how many Klipsch dealers there are but I suspect there are quite a few .   Adorama most likely have(had)  24 through 34 ,  So they had  at least 10 pairs. 

70 LaScala pairs of 70th Anniversary's sounds pretty cool.  An excellent sales slogan that pulled me in...............

I may be in pursuit of the holy grail  69 of 70 .    I'm on the hunt.

^If that is the case, then they probably did put the time in and produced 140 speakers at one time or in several phases.

So much for "just in time" production.

I wonder who has #1...

30 minutes ago, Sonicman said:

wdecho, cool, I buy that. 

Pete switched them, and he seems happy. 

Can I switch gears? Pete, others, what about the low end? What are you finding in the bass bottom?  51hz seems high as I'm coming off a low of 34hz I believe with my speakers. Do you feel a sub is going to be necessary?

Where I have them placed makes a huge difference. I have a couple pairs of 3/4 inch  LSI's and I do hear the low end better on the bigger box.  Also it really depends on what style of tunes you are listening to.  If you are a techno-rapper.   Additional  Bass is a must  with these animals. 

Sure I have a couple  sunfire BC  Subs  to  give it an extra kick  when needed for movies.  But the style of music I listen to  along with the placement  gives me what I need on the low end.  If you are looking for a little more on the low end look at some K43 drivers.  I roll these out for all my block party's. 

You could always look into a pair of cornscalas.  The CW's have slightly less sensitivity  but get that low end you are looking for while the LS"s have a higher sensitivity  with a minimal low end of ~50 Hz. Combine the best of both worlds. 

9 minutes ago, Schu said:

No... I am NOT your father figure confessor, please look to fill that need elsewhere  😛

Hoooh Ahhhh, you got me Schu Man, no, you are not my confessor.....or PROFESSOR. 

And yes, I am looking for answers and to be educated, just not by you. 

I also use a subwoofer to merely fill in the very bottom of the range... I probably have them crossed 50Hz or lower.

I am interested to see if there are any revisions to the mechanical of the speakers versus the regular LSII... specifically in the networks.

What kind of sucks is that the factory is probably getting ready to upgrade the stock LSII to something like the new Klipschorn.

18 hours ago, Sonicman said:

Hoooh Ahhhh, you got me Schu Man, no, you are not my confessor.....or PROFESSOR. 

And yes, I am looking for answers and to be educated, just not by you. 

We all need to be schooled every once in awhile.  Get yourself a pair of LaScalas and let  the other noise  be drowned out by the audio excellence of Klipsch.