70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

• Moderators

It's 100% up to you

If you want this moved from alerts to somewhere else just say so, or if you want to start another thread somewhere else, or do nothing, whatever you want

18 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

Got mine today, white glove service,..!  Speakers removed from wooden palette, and placed in garage, gently.

Not consecutive numbers, but very close: 61/62 &  65/66

131095253_LSII3.thumb.jpg.4fc40e10663ba07f79c7e97ad3773fd9.jpg

Get one of Schu's....weird huh?

37401888_2240105002683280_17417207702387

• Like 2

Mine are scheduled to be delivered Wednesday of next week.  And within 24 hours of placing order I contacted them directly to get guarantee and confirmation of sequential serial numbers prior to them shipping out.  After several correspondences, I'm confident and feel good about the whole process.  Definitely took longer than I was expecting, but well worth it in the end. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, -js- said:

yeah but I'm sure you've heard the stories about how those lottery winners wind up destitute x # of yrs later.  I know you wouldn't want to be just another one of them either, right?

Heh...  I'll take that chance!

My nature would be to NOT quit working.... so that part of life would continue....  then, my 250M of muni bonds would provide me an average of let's say...$20K per month of tax free income.  

Yeah, I could get into structuring that portfolio!

• Like 2

I will get good photos, for sure... I am just super busy right now. Saturday is my la Scala day. Now that I have four la scalas ,  I want to make a side by side comparison of the walnuts and the queenslands...  them get them into rotation and give them a hard listen... might even go to 86db.  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I will get good photos, for sure... I am just super busy right now. Saturday is my la Scala day. Now that I have four la scalas ,  I want to make a side by side comparison of the walnuts and the queenslands...  them get them into rotation and give them a hard listen... might even go to 86db.  😛

Everything else being equal, I'm sure that the Australian walnut veneer will make an enormous sonic quality difference.  Looking forward to your report.

9 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

The Facebook group is full of 100dB+ers, but there's a great deal of folk around here that hover in the 75-85dB area, myself included. Dynamic range is more important to me than peak loudness numbers on a meter, and there's a ton of detail that you hear at lower volumes which can be lost if you focus on blasting the speakers.

This discussion regarding listening levels got me curious about the volume at which I typically listen to music. So, I went out to my room where my 2 Channel system is located to test it with my Digital Sound Level Meter. With the system's controls in the same place they were last night during a Vinyl Music & Merlot session (typical listening level) and using the Heart - Dreamboat Annie album that I listened to; I played "Magic Man" and "Crazy on You" with the meter where my ears would have been. The meter varied between approximately 79-85db. And, I could feel the music, so it wasn't just Pink Noise! 😁 At this level I can hear all of the details in the recordings. I do occasionally listen at higher volumes, but not ear bleeding levels!!!!!

Tonight, I'll measure the sound level of the surround system when I watch/listen to a Blu-ray Concert DVD, probably Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Live on SoundStage; or perhaps Robin Trower Living Out Of Time.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Oh yeah! Looking forward to your pics and thoughts.

330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

I think that's what Coytee does, he plays it loud enough inside so he can hear it over his chainsaw when he is outside.

But it goes to 11, that's one louder...........that's a funny movie.

• Moderators
Just now, T2K said:

I don't have any smart-*** comments to contribute but it is good to see people buying NEW Klipsch products.

Keith

That is something different on it's own. :emotion-21: well done

and your right

8 hours ago, dtel said:

It's 100% up to you

If you want this moved from alerts to somewhere else just say so, or if you want to start another thread somewhere else, or do nothing, whatever you want

Might as well keep it in the Alerts section since they are still accepting orders on them

• Like 1