70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Isn't there a forum rule that you don't pressure someone to upgrade for at least a month after they get new speakers? AND then it is only for crossovers first, then new drivers, then a sub and THEN move up to bigger horns.  There are so many unwritten rules, it is hard to keep them straight.

Richie, I'll be in KC next month, would love to hear your LS 1s. but know I shouldn't listen to Jubes (passive or aggressive)!

Schu, your new LS 70th's look great. Much better in your room than the website. Enjoy.

- PM your schedule. 

And yes, the Jubes can be passively aggressive. !

• Like 2

Not to jump on the bandwagon....  just thought I'd mention that I too have heard RB  (Roy-Boy) make the comment about larger horns being better.  I will also admit I don't recall if he said larger horns are better in smaller rooms.....or just that larger horns are better (because they handle the dispersion better).

My room is roughly 15x19 (with an open adjacent room making it feel larger) and I've got the Jube's in front, LaScalas in the back and a Danley guarding the side.

Sounds pretty good when I'm hearing it.....while I'm outside.....mowing the field......with my hearing protection on..... :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Certainly 402's are the goal at some point ... but for now I am completely happy.

I think we'll see the Jubilee package change in the near future. I will look then, or when the used market starts hoping.

I am enthralled with large horns... I may not stop at the 402 as I would love to own  Western Electric set someday.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, richieb said:

- hop on a plane to KC. Hear passive Jubes with Pass Labs power. And for chits and giggles we can pull out the LS 1st gen for comparison. 

........or come to Georgia and hear the same.  Lascalas right in the same room for comparison..........but it is really no comparison.  Jubs can be excellent with passives.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2018 at 7:53 PM, jimjimbo said:

I'd like to know if there are any structural or component or functional differences between the 70th and the "regular" La Scala II?  Perhaps someone with insider knowledge could enlighten us.  Other than the veneer of course......

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters  @Chief bonehead

Not that I'm aware of.  70th K-horns had the enclosed backs unlike the others at the time but I'm not aware of LS being any different.  

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

You may want to sit back and spend a little more time reading the forum before diving in and going fisticuffs with established members. You're woefully unprepared after a mere 11 days of membership.

Get him! Sick him!

If you need backup you know who you can trust.

I hammered you on several occasions LOL
😆😃😆

Mark

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, Schu said:

It still makes absolutely no sense... that's not dismissive, it's just a fact.

Your read on me is way off base, don't play poker. I'm in no way as impassioned as your misinterpretation suggests... even @jimjimbo read on me is so far off base it's not even funny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a read on you and when we sit down at the poker table, it will be profitable for both of us🙄🙄

Mark

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, Schu said:

41690812450_7c0b733944_k.jpg

28612449167_696ed91b17_k.jpg

41690804450_111019ecf3_k.jpg

41690803670_8101df56bb_k.jpg

42594172485_a64a04ed85_k.jpg

I probably won't get to the opening until the weekend. I also want to open them up (the top hat) and take a close look at the crossover and compare them.

I'm surprised the boxes weren't marked "do not stack"

Even with the largest speakers, you don't want to stack on top of them.

Mark

I'm sad to report that I received my 70th Anniversary La Scala's from Adorama last Tuesday and didn't have the chance to unbox them until this past Saturday, and here's where it goes south.

Unfortunately, upon opening the first top box we immediately noticed damage to the rear right-handed lower corner.  It appeared that that the box had possibly been dropped or fell over.  But...........it doesn't stop there.  When we opened the second top box, that too had the exact same damage as the first.  So both the right and left top deck speakers were damaged; bass bins were just fine, thus I'm now faced with frustrating dilemma of a return/refund.  They are completely out of stock of the speakers, so a replacement is not possible.  I already reached out to Klipsch directly to see if they'd be able to assist in anyway and after review of the situation/circumstances they don't have any alternatives for me other than to work with Adorama.

I can't begin to explain how pissed off we are.......... 😫😥😤

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear, Kyle and I empathize. Had the same problem with my Forte iii's I ordered from them. Couldn't tell when the damage occurred, but the return went relatively smoothly, sans the hassle of hauling them off to be shipped back, and waiting for the return/refund processing. I'll never even consider ordering from them again, ever. Not worth it, and my time is better spent hustling for odd jobs and paying a bit extra. It's worth it for better service. On the forte at least, I'm convinced they got a large batch of b-stocks, or other damaged items - maybe as a part of a special deal, and instead of opening them and disclosing the damage, they tried to pass them off as new. Some got lucky; others didn't. Maybe this was the case with yours also. I have a replacement pr on order from @MetropolisLakeOutfitters - who has been good to deal with thus far. Good luck with your return.

14 hours ago, Kyle D said:

this was one deal that I know couldn't be matched - now I know why.

People have been asking me about these for awhile but the biggest issue was that Klipsch stopped making them, I just couldn't get any more.