70th anniversary La Scala II

W27

30 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Kyle D Looks like it's on the bottom of the tops in the back? On both?

With that beautiful wood grain and the proposition that might be the last matched pair, it's a shame.

@wstrickland1's idea seems the only consolation. Good Luck!

Correct.  It's on both top boxes, bottom right-hand corner - so you can't see it from the seating position when listening.  But as you stated, for a limited edition/special product as this, it's a real shame because the damage drastically reduces the value of the items - which really cuts into the reason why one would pay for these in the first place.  Also hurts resale value if one would ever want to part with them down the road.

I spoke with Adorama again this morning and they initially offered a $100 credit if I kept the items in their current condition.  I said that "you'll have to do a lot better than that if I'm going to keep these in their current condition.  And that you'll have a hard time selling these anywhere close to the price I paid listed as "damaged", plus you have to consider the costs of return shipping and then free shipping to the next buyer.  So you're better off just cutting me an amazing deal/offer to keep them. Otherwise you can have them back."

We'll see what they can do.  Unfortunately, Klipsch cannot help  me because they don't have enough stock in Hope to remake the tops or fix the damaged tops.  They also don't have anything in inventory to do a swap with.  So basically, unless Adorama comes through with an insane offer to credit me, I'm screwed and will have to return them.

• Confused 1

You're kidding, a measly $100 ?!

Stick to your guns until they get to 20% at least.

WOW I'll make sure I never get anything from those scoundrels ever again. They don't know right from wrong!

Of course you have to consider the sound they make, then like everyone says contact Cory.

I'm a happy customer of his also, and if he could get your regular LS IIs for a better deal unload those dimpled ones!

Unfortunately your best bet will probably be to try and find a really experienced person to reconstruct those small dents, the issue is Australian walnut is expensive so might need to use a small walnut piece of veneer and try and match it with stain? Could be undetectable after it’s done but maybe hurt resale- though I’m sure they’re for life keepers. I’d personally rather do that over returning them. Up the $100 credit for repair costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, wstrickland1 said:

Man just get me a set of the grilles and I'll be forever indebted to you :)

I've been saying the same thing about the Forte III Special Edition Matte Black speaker grills, they are that smoked metallic color and I want them for my normal Forte III's in walnut -- basically sub out the black grill for the metallic.

Edited by Kyle D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 6:03 PM, Buck115 said:

This discussion regarding listening levels got me curious about the volume at which I typically listen to music. So, I went out to my room where my 2 Channel system is located to test it with my Digital Sound Level Meter. With the system's controls in the same place they were last night during a Vinyl Music & Merlot session (typical listening level) and using the Heart - Dreamboat Annie album that I listened to; I played "Magic Man" and "Crazy on You" with the meter where my ears would have been. The meter varied between approximately 79-85db. And, I could feel the music, so it wasn't just Pink Noise! 😁 At this level I can hear all of the details in the recordings. I do occasionally listen at higher volumes, but not ear bleeding levels!!!!!

Tonight, I'll measure the sound level of the surround system when I watch/listen to a Blu-ray Concert DVD, probably Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Live on SoundStage; or perhaps Robin Trower Living Out Of Time.

Your SPL experience is similar to mine and supports the 85 db calibration sound level of home theater electronics.

Sorry to hear about the issue Kyle... it's Sickening because the speakers are quite spectacular.

Don't even deal, just return them and go about your speaker buying elsewhere (Cory).

I am done with damaged speakers (goods) and I've had my fill... even at deep discounts.

Keep us informed on how the return goes... because they have an unconditional return policy, but it's got to be done in proper sequence and before 30 days.

3 hours ago, Schu said:

Sorry to hear about the issue Kyle... it's Sickening because the speakers are quite spectacular.

Don't even deal, just return them and go about your speaker buying elsewhere (Cory).

I am done with damaged speakers (goods) and I've had my fill... even at deep discounts.

Keep us informed on how the return goes... because they have an unconditional return policy, but it's got to be done in proper sequence and before 30 days.

Imagine if you had pulled this pair... 

giphy.gif

• Like 2