Emotiva XPA-5 gen2 in NJ $850

wvu80

FS: Emotiva XPA-5 (Gen 2) 5 channel amp

I am the original owner...purchased from Emotiva in Tennesee.
Flawless condition. I will update with photos and additional info re: purchase date & warranty.

The sale in in NJ.  I have no idea if the $850 is a decent price or not.  Paging @teaman for an expert appraisal.

No affil.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

The sale in in NJ.  I have no idea if the $850 is a decent price or not.  Paging @teaman for an expert appraisal.

No affil.

Hi Dave, it's hard to match the price now seeing that the Gen 3 Emotiva amps have jumped so much, however this amp sold for $999 retail. Not accounting for E-Club, Summer or Christmas sales that were still offered by Emotiva when these were selling. They could be had for under $850 brand new if both of those factors played in as each discount averaged 10% off.

Tim

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, teaman said:

it's hard to match the price now seeing that the Gen 3 Emotiva amps have jumped so much,

It just seems like there has been a jump in interest in finding power amps lately.  I know when they come onto the used market they don't last long so I thought I would put it out there in case somebody was looking.

I'm pretty happy with my Gen1 XPA-5.

The condition is excellent it's just there is a lot of dust on the face.  And I'm even getting to like the brushed aluminum trim pieces.  B)

Emotiva XPA5 Small.jpg

• Like 1

Even at this price of $850 for a five channel amp with 200 watts per it is still hard to beat.

Since Emotiva raised it's prices for the Gen 3 considerably it has resulted in the Gen 1 and Gen 2 torroidal powered Emotiva amps to go up in value...considerably. I just saw a LPA-1 that sold new for $499 ten years ago sell on Ebay for $514 plus $60 for shipping. This is actually more of the norm lately than not.

The processors and DAC are also jumped in price. The XDA-2 that Emotiva cleared out for $229 are now selling for around $300 used on Ebay. There is a ten year old DMC-1 processor listed for $1300 on Ebay, although I doubt it will draw that kind of money. You can now look at Emotiva products as an investment!

24 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Price seems high, but they do command a higher price lately. I guess this unopened XPA-2 gen 2 I got 2 years ago for $500 was a deal.

Teaman, you stole a nice Emo a couple months ago I believe!

Yeah, no complaints on that XPA-2 from rockhound. He helped me track down the original owner too, who switched over the warranty into my name. There is still an XPA-2 listed for $400 on the Emotiva site. Still some good deals to be had, just have to be patient I guess.

• Like 1