The worse Pop song of all time?

Colin

"Mandy" gets my vote.

Part of this is because it was inflicted on suffering listeners so often.

By that standard, "Its a Small World" must get an honorable mention. That song, from the 1964 NY World's Fair, was even mentioned in Lion King.

Guitarzan needs some discussion, too.

Gil

• Like 1

again as a rock n' roller, i'd disagree on Queen, especially their 1st few albums. also I think Wright's Dreamweaver does not deserve to be grouped with teeny bop. I think he even had a 2nd hit song. smile.gif

i still believe though fun sometimes, disco was the biggest tragedy ever for quality music - "Disco Duck", give me a break. smile.gif

------------------

live long & rock!

Oh gee, now this is an interesting one. There are songs you guys mention that I actually liked once.

One sound I never ever liked is rap. Anything rap - to me it isn't music.

Another sound I never ever liked is that fake indian chopping moan Florida State fans make. Canes Rule.

Ahh but to each his own said the little old lady as she kissed the cow.

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

"Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves" by Cher.

"Copacabana" by Barry Manilow.

(oh great....now I've got THAT in my head!)

"You Light Up My Life", by Icky Dreck and the Sugarmonkeys.

"I've Got To Get Away" by Lenny Kravitz (this guy writes music based on it's ability to be used in TV commercials).

Any Mariah Carrie song, where her voice starts to make noises only my dog can hear.

(Off Topic Pet Peeve: Acoustic guitar music that finds it necessisary to accentuate the sound of fingers moving up and down the strings. EG: Sade's new single).

Oh god....I still have "Copa" in my head! Make it stop! Make it STOP!! MAKE IT ST...

How about our favorite mall-rat, Tiffany???

"I think we're alone now..."

Or then there are the Milli-Vanilli boys who were so bad, they weren't allowed to sing themselves.

Or Vanilla Ice "Ice, ice, baby." In fact, that whole rap genre makes me head for the bathroom, stiffling a technicolor yawn.

And finally, our dear Whitney Houston...Even now, I can't stand "IIIII, willll allwwaaayyssss looovvvveee yyyooouuuuu!"

Seb- I agree with you..."It's better to burn out, than fade away!" KU grad here!

Yes Dave, That one was for you!

What's the BCS know anyway? Their darn computers are jammed with hanging chads.

I hope for an Oklahoma loss and a Canes Noles rematch for the National Championship.

Oh there goes that darn rap stuff again.

Really bad music - how about anything by Bary Manalow. Yech.