iNuke 1000DSP balanced input?

DizRotus

11-22-18 EDIT. 

Happy Thanksgiving.  If interested, please jump to recent post.

Fortunately it works.  I finally got around to powering up an open box special purchased from Parts Express more than three years ago.  Eventually, it will power two of the four DIY Anarchy Exodus tapped horn subs.  Now with two iNuke 1000DSPs, each will power one TH sub per channel.

To test it, I used Monoprice TRS to XLR cables to connect a Pono player’s balanced outputs to the iNuke’s differential inputs.  The iNuke sounded very nice.  I’d never listened to the other one as anything other than a subwoofer amp.

Originally, I planned to hook up all four subs today, but lost my ambition to attack the snarl of cables behind the AVR.  

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Yes, they sounded very nice.  Full disclosure, I removed the noisy fans.  It remains to be seen whether they can perform sudwoofer only duty without fans.

I just bought the INuke 1000 and it is horribly loud with the stock fan. I have heard good things about this fan and if you have it blow out the back instead of pushing through the front it will be quiet as well. Supposedly they are designed like that to be rack mounted and push air out the front into open space instead of the cramped area behind the rack and the wall.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KF7P34G?tag=vs-avsforum-convert-20

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If you try one, I'd be interested in your impressions.  Not much of a gamble at $9.95 shipped.

The other issue is the silver, which my wife hates.  I'm considering spraying them black.

I will order one soon and will let you know once its hooked up. I have it in an entertainment cabinet with the back open and smoked glass doors so the front push vent just circulated the air on the shelf too which is no good. Black would look nice for it as well, I have also heard of people putting washers on the inside of the knobs to make the lights not as bright as they can be distracting. 

These are cool amps and are a great value but there are definitely some quirks. I spent 3 hours the other day just trying to figure out how to put it in bridge mode which actually requires a 4 prong speakon cable set to a specific 1+ 2+ configuration...

27 minutes ago, twk123 said:

I will order one soon and will let you know once its hooked up. I have it in an entertainment cabinet with the back open and smoked glass doors so the front push vent just circulated the air on the shelf too which is no good. Black would look nice for it as well, I have also heard of people putting washers on the inside of the knobs to make the lights not as bright as they can be distracting. 

These are cool amps and are a great value but there are definitely some quirks. I spent 3 hours the other day just trying to figure out how to put it in bridge mode which actually requires a 4 prong speakon cable set to a specific 1+ 2+ configuration...

I look forward to hearing about it.

One thing I like is the ability to quickly switch them from 2-channel duty to HT.  The 2-channel inputs are balanced XLR cables, whereas the HT inputs are single ended TRS plugs.  It does require access to the backs, but in my “system” that’s not a deal breaker.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Yes, they sounded very nice.  Full disclosure, I removed the noisy fans.  It remains to be seen whether they can perform sudwoofer only duty without fans.

FWIW, I used the original one to only power four DIY Anarchy Exodus tapped horn subs.  The 8 ohm subs were wired in parallel to present a 4 ohm load to each channel of the iNuke.  In several months of such use, without a fan, in my small space there was never a problem; no thermal overload and no shutdown.  I hope the demands placed on each amp with one 8 ohm sub/channel will be even less and fans won’t be needed.

On 4/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, DizRotus said:

Originally, I planned to hook up all four subs today, but lost my ambition to attack the snarl of cables behind the AVR.

I have a hard (time) believing that is true!  :ohmy:

My Marantz 6011 in 5.1, bi-wired L/F and bi-wired center.  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

Small 00001.jpg

Small 00002.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Yes, they sounded very nice.  Full disclosure, I removed the noisy fans.

Did you replace them with the recommended quieter Noctura 80mm fans?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2970640-fan-mods-how-much-skill-required.html

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1876417-ultimate-behringer-inuke-1000-3000-fan-mod.html

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

No.  I've been living on the edge and gone fan-less as described above. :o

• Sad 1