RIP R Lee Ermey

Ceptorman

Loved Gunny.

Died from pneumonia.  My doctor always advises I get a flu shot.

I am older and have had heart problems.

He's a good doctor even when I voice my concerns about vaccines.

He's so good,  he has a mortality rate of 100% in his work.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, DizRotus said:

I’m not sure he was acting.  May he RIP

He was hired as a consultant for Full Metal Jacket to advise an actor how to act like a Marine drill instructor, and after watching Ermey the director decided to give him the part. The opening scene of Full Metal Jacket is top drawer classic cinema. I would link the YouTube video but it is so NSFW and non politically correct it would surely offend someone.:D He wasn't acting, he was just playing himself. RIP

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Don Richard said:

He was hired as a consultant for Full Metal Jacket to advise an actor how to act like a Marine drill instructor, and after watching Ermey the director decided to give him the part. The opening scene of Full Metal Jacket is top drawer classic cinema. I would link the YouTube video but it is so NSFW and non politically correct it would surely offend someone.:D He wasn't acting, he was just playing himself. RIP

I just heard about this today and am pretty bummed. You literally have to watch his FMJ clips 5 or so times to absorb all the crazy things he says the way he throws them one after another off the top of his head. I am probably going to have a smirk on my face the rest of the day just thinking about them.

"Your from Texas...":lol:

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, wdecho said:

RIP. Blackballed by Hollywood because of his conservative views.  

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, WillyBob said:

He isn't the first to receive such an"honor".

The whole cast" of "To Tell the Truth" were blacklisted actors.... Their politics were alleged to be on the other end of the spectrum, though.

If you aren't blacklisted, you just aren't trying hard enough.   But why point out what is nothing more than a nationwide corporate censorship model.  When it comes to employment, there are no first amendment rights.

On 4/16/2018 at 8:48 AM, wdecho said:

RIP. Blackballed by Hollywood because of his conservative views.  

Nonsense.  Over 100 roles. How many actors would kill for a resume like his. Of course, being a conservative will surely get you  blackballed like Reagan, The Duke, The Terminator, The Man Without A Name...

Guest wdecho

Not nonsense. After he criticized Obama and it was found out he was a conservative his acting career was over. He could not get another job in Hollywood. National news but that can depend on what news org you are watching if you will even hear about such.