Az Saguaro silhouette against a monsoon sunset!

KevinM

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Maybe this could get moved to the photography thread... @CECAA850

It should be moved to the Photography thread because it is a beautiful shot and would be greatly appreciated there.

I can't hit "move" as a moderator because that only moves into another Section of the Forum, such as Garage Sale, or Alerts, or 2 Channel.

There is a "merge" option but it is asking for a URL.  So @Marvel since you are a technical genus, does that mean I go to the Photography thread, copy the URL in my browser (Chrome) and then his "merge" moderator function and when the box comes up asking for the URL past it in there?

I sure would hate to lose this beautiful post.

I will post the link to the Photography thread so that the OP will know where it is, and he will hopefully keep great photos like this comming.

Travis

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KevinM said:

I thought I was in the photography section???

Happens all the time.  What Bruce and I are trying to say is, it's a GREAT photo, worthy of being in a thread called "Show Us Your GREAT photography".  

You can leave it here, or I can try to move it, or you can simply post it again in the thread link I posted up above.  It is totally up to you.  

A lot of people visit the Photography thread because there is a lot of great stuff in there, so it is constantly getting bumped up, and I just wanted as many people as possible to see it.

Thanks again for sharing the photo.

Travis

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

@KevinM

you live in AZ? 

Ya, AJ A bit N of you, But I hunted down there for 25 years, archery coues deer in sassabee, arivaca ruby n all that.  Warsaw canyon, yellow jacket, alot down S of the BANWR down antalope rd into the marijana mtns. till I got robbed at gunpoint

• Sad 1

OK... you have been here. I live in "town"

The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular ... we tend take them for granted.  Nice sunrise going right now... Ho hum...

when I go cutting wood, I always ask the BP if I am expecting company.   Don't wanna be the guy that brought a chainsaw to a gunfight...

19 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

OK... you have been here. I live in "town"

The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular ... we tend take them for granted.  Nice sunrise going right now... Ho hum...

when I go cutting wood, I always ask the BP if I am expecting company.   Don't wanna be the guy that brought a chainsaw to a gunfight...

I would have thought you brought along a gun anyway for rattlesnakes hiding in the wood.

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I would have thought you brought along a gun anyway for rattlesnakes hiding in the wood.

JJK

snakes are easy... just stay away from them.  It's bee's that worry me.  One of these times, I am gonna rouse a hive of AHB/killer bees. All of the feral colonies are them, here.   They don't respect firearms... fire - yes ... guns - no

6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

snakes are easy... just stay away from them.  It's bee's that worry me.  One of these times, I am gonna rouse a hive of AHB/killer bees. All of the feral colonies are them, here.   They don't respect firearms... fire - yes ... guns - no

I agree 1000%, snakes, who cares, BEE's Now I'm payin attention, I'm a Journeyman Lineman and we get bee's in our equipment all the time, metal poles, street lights, j-box's, transformers, ect ect, We have annual bee training, so I hear ya bro, I can 99% of the time see a rattler, just take a few steps away, but get stung by 1 bee and the pharamone scent is in ya and the rest come to it to defend the colony by the thousands. When ya start gettin head bumped by a bee or two, run, forrest, run!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevinM said:

I agree 1000%, snakes, who cares, BEE's Now I'm payin attention, I'm a Journeyman Lineman and we get bee's in our equipment all the time, metal poles, street lights, j-box's, transformers, ect ect, We have annual bee training, so I hear ya bro, I can 99% of the time see a rattler, just take a few steps away, but get stung by 1 bee and the pharamone scent is in ya and the rest come to it to defend the colony by the thousands. When ya start gettin head bumped by a bee or two, run, forrest, run!

Regular gasoline vapors kill bees instantly. When I get a nest in the ground I mark it with a stick then wait till night and dump gas down the hole. It's instant death.

JJK

• Like 1