DIY Entertainment furniture

Loudly Does It

When we moved into our house I built a cabinet for my home theater.  Center channel rested on top and it had compartments for my equipment.  We're painting so instead of painting it to match the wife wants me to build another.  This one will be a little bigger.  I'm going to incorporate the subwoofers I'm going to build into them (Dayton RSS-390HO).  Slots for the equipment again and she wants shelving along the side going up along the side of the tv for books and vids, etc.  So I wanted some input from others that have done it.  Some dos and don'ts.  I learned some from the first build, but wanted to know what others have learned.  This one she wants built into the wall, so it will have drawers that pull out for the equipment to be able to access it.  I thought about having the top center piece detach to make accessing the back of the receiver easier and in the event something ever came lose or malfunctioned, I don't have to dismantle it.  Do i need to worry about the this center piece perhaps being some what loose and have an impact on the center channel?  It will be an RC-7 sitting on top of it.  I added some small foam pads under the the center channel and it did help with the sound a little.  Without a removable piece, its easy to make it sturdy enough where it won't move, but I like the idea of easy access.  Or is my last point really nothing to be concerned about?  Thanks.