Heresy II on slanted risers or on stands?

wuzzzer

Right now I have my Heresy IIs on stands that are about 26" tall.  Moving to a new place and want to use those stands for my RS-7 surrounds.  Should I just get another pair of stands for the Heresys or should I look into the factory style slanted risers like Bob Crites sells?  I'll be sitting approximately 8 feet from the Heresys which will be spaced the same distance from each other.  I want the sound to appear to come from in front of me, not below.  That's my main hesitation with the slanted risers.

• Like 1

Right now I have my Heresy IIs on stands that are about 26" tall.  Moving to a new place and want to use those stands for my RS-7 surrounds.  Should I just get another pair of stands for the Heresys or should I look into the factory style slanted risers like Bob Crites sells?  I'll be sitting approximately 8 feet from the Heresys which will be spaced the same distance from each other.  I want the sound to appear to come from in front of me, not below.  That's my main hesitation with the slanted risers.

I’d go with stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I use slanted foam pads.  The sound appears to be coming from directly in front of the seated listening position ~ 10" away.  I don't get the sensation that is coming from below.

That said, my son's use stands for Heresys, but they also use subwoofers.  There are so many variables.  One size does NOT fit all.

• Thanks 1

I have heard that Heresys are voiced to be on the floor and you will get more bass response with slant risers instead of stands. Personally, I think the slant risers look cool and have kind of a 'concert stage monitor' look to them. That and there is less worry of them falling over.

• Like 3

I'm going to put them on the floor and find something to prop the fronts up with and see how that sounds.  I know they'll sound different in our new place that has a much wider room, taller ceiling and more open floorplan.

47 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I'll be sitting approximately 8 feet from the Heresys which will be spaced the same distance from each other.  I want the sound to appear to come from in front of me, not below.  That's my main hesitation with the slanted risers.

Bean bag chair if you use the risers.

Are HII's for stereo music or HT?

Bill

55 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Door stops make good slant for Heresy's......I got these little stands at wally world,,,and when you slide them back the spacer on bottom makes it tilt up. 

IMAG0527.jpg

I like that idea.  I'm assuming the slanted risers are attached by screwing them to the speaker base?  I wasn't too thrilled about drilling into the cabinets.

28 minutes ago, JohnA said:

These may have to be modded to accept a Heresy.  They will accept a kg2.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/full-range-speaker-kits/fostex-bk-16-angle-stand-each/

bk16-stand-sl.jpg

Just saw those online.  They'd work but I don't like how they look at all.  I'm going to try the doorstop idea first as a cheap start and see how they sound.

2 hours ago, twk123 said:

I have heard that Heresys are voiced to be on the floor and you will get more bass response with slant risers instead of stands. Personally, I think the slant risers look cool and have kind of a 'concert stage monitor' look to them. That and there is less worry of them falling over.

This was my experience, if you use risers you will definitely need subs.  The bass disappears when you raise them

8 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Just saw those online.  They'd work but I don't like how they look at all.  I'm going to try the doorstop idea first as a cheap start and see how they sound.

Bob Crites comes through as usual and sells a clean looking set of Heresy slant risers:

https://critesspeakers.com/heresy-slant-risers.html

3 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I bought four angled doorstops today and am tilting the Heresys up with them.  They sound really good that way.  Smoother sound all around.

I hope you got the correct color.....that's very important.....

• Haha 3