Are these original Heresy II woofers?

Maximus89

I've asked a couple of members and no one seems to know.  The drivers look yellowish in color. I've only seen black and grey looking cones.  Could these just be grey cones that were discolored over time?  Perhaps they were reconed at some point with non factory recone kit?

88be2fe4df3b52235a4d23a3b9dd9fc8.png

• Like 1

They do not look original to me.  And, I don't think gray would weather/fade/turn to yellowish.....

He just sent me a better photo. They do look more grey in this light. Still don’t think it’s original?
f02e0fe8297efd0855906264cea8a0cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Still not to me.  If possible, have him pull out one of them and see if there are model numbers on the magnet or the frame.

Yeah, seems most sellers don't like to pull out drivers.  I have to remind myself next time i get into any of my speakers to take photos of everything in case these questions pop up and i have photos to prove. I think i'll still take the chance and purchase these as the price is nice and Crites replacement woofers are $200 +$20 shipping if i remember correctly, so not bad at all.  Maybe i'l luck out and these will be original drivers after all. Going to look at them tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1

I looked carefully at the rubber surrounds which are those articulated type OEM to Klipsch.  Very distinctive.

I agree with others the color looks odd but it could be the lighting and photography.  The rubber surrounds do look OEM to me.  The best way to tell  is to pull one woofer and look at the part number.

• Like 1

I've asked a couple of members and no one seems to know.  The drivers look yellowish in color. I've only seen black and grey looking cones.  Could these just be grey cones that were discolored over time?  Perhaps they were reconed at some point with non factory recone kit?

88be2fe4df3b52235a4d23a3b9dd9fc8.png

No

Haven't see that color.  Usually they are black if they are coated, which will typically weather gray.  They do fit correctly and the dust cap is the correct size so at least worth checking out.  If they are not paper or coated paper they aren't original.

Looks like he has some interesting speakers in the backround too...what are they?

Not sure about those particular speakers in the background but his name is Vintage JBL and he has a 5 Star rating as a seller with 30 ratings.

As far as the Heresy II woofers. He had 2 pairs identical. Which kind of makes things slightly more suspicious as in all 4 speakers were reconed or replaced woofers or all 4 were in the same owners home and were all equally discolored over time?
4141cc04a8e8daafb6addeebab2bdfe5.jpg

New Woofers.  Doesn't mean they are not worth a listen and purchasing for the right price.  If you are looking for Heritage value and possible resale down the road, you will have just as many skeptics then and I would stay away.

If they sound good and are cheap, go for it if you are keeping them.

• Like 1

Just picked them up. They definitely look original and grey with no gloss. Weird how they looked off white/yellow and glossy in the photos. I’ll take some pics in a moment before opening it up and getting in to be 100% certain.

He did have a lot of stuff. He’s got a collection of tons of speakers and receivers. Massive Sansui stereos. Has no idea they were so big in person. He had them all wrapped up though. Lost his house in the hurricane and lost 8 pairs of speakers too so they’re all stuffed in his brothers garage.

No idea what any of these speakers are though
3acc8c045713938181e8aaee68f39f6f.jpg925113beb138f5596aa7d00cb28bd107.jpg

Just picked them up. They definitely look original and grey with no gloss. Weird how they looked off white/yellow and glossy in the photos. I’ll take some pics in a moment before opening it up and getting in to be 100% certain.

He did have a lot of stuff. He’s got a collection of tons of speakers and receivers. Massive Sansui stereos. Has no idea they were so big in person. He had them all wrapped up though. Lost his house in the hurricane and lost 8 pairs of speakers too so they’re all stuffed in his brothers garage.

No idea what any of these speakers are though
3acc8c045713938181e8aaee68f39f6f.jpg925113beb138f5596aa7d00cb28bd107.jpg

def76cd8eb9d95b68b2e96c7525dc4bf.jpg6e29eb74c4a352161569331afdcdf8b2.jpg