2018 Pilgrimage Swap Meet and For Sale Thread

jimjimbo

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

You got a pair of 15" woofs for $150? 

Nice snag.  :emotion-21:

Well, that's right in the sweet spot for round magnet K33.  Square magnets are a bit more.  I have a pair of those also that are available......

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I did tell you that I had a LOT of stuff....you said "that's fine, bring it all"

Like I said....OBVIOUSLY MY MISTAKE. You can put it squarely on my shoulders. I’m ok with that. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

• Like 1

Just now, dtel's wife said:

Like I said....OBVIOUSLY MY MISTAKE. You can put it squarely on my shoulders. I’m ok with that. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

I think you're taking my comments wrong - I'm not upset.  Just amused at this point about how easy it is for 2 people to be saying the same thing and yet they are so different.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I brought a LOT of stuff last year to sell because Christy told me "bring everything you have.  It will easily sell"....well....lol...that didn't quite happen.  I spent a ton of money bringing it all out there and only a very small number of items sold.  So this year I'm bringing only what people tell me they want and what will fit in the back of my SUV.  This is a PARTIAL list of what I have - I'll update it over the weekend when I have a chance to get out to my storage building and get a total inventory.  If you are interested in something, send me a message and let's work out the details BEFORE I bring anything out.  I do have pictures of almost everything, so if you want pics, send me a message.

For sale:

Klipsch Forte I  : $700

Klipsch KG3.2 (black):  $250

Klipsch KG3 (walnut):   $250

Klipsch R-15M:  $125

Infinity SM80:   $100 <These have brand new Dayton Audio woofers in them which actually improve the sound significantly.  The polycell tweeter was always the strong point of these speakers with criticism centered around the performance of the mid-bass. The Dayton woofers are much smoother and have better response than the stock Infinity woofers. >

Infinity SM112:  $220 <BRAND NEW Infinity woofers, not refoamed, these are new>

Advent Model 4002:  $175  <refoamed woofers>

Technics SB-S409:   $160  <BRAND NEW tweeters, BRAND NEW midranges in both, "new" used woofers, meaning that I found a set of woofers on eBay that came out of this same cabinet that were in like new condition and put them in.  No grills>

Realistic Mach II:  $350  <original woofer that is in good condition, did not need to refoam>

Sterling SE300 Cathedral   : $140

Sony SS-MF650H:   $110

Infinity RS5:  $140 <no grills>

Polk R30:  $110

M&K Volkswoofer:  $180  <refoamed>

Toby vintage:  $300 <model unknown, I brought these to Toby's offices in Ft Worth and based on evaluations they said build was between '67 and '71 based on components.  Refresh of crossover with new caps.  Toby measured all drivers and were within original spec)

Cerwin Vega L7:  $80

Kenwood 5 speaker set (KS-505HT center, KS-505HT surround (left and right) and JL-774 front L&R):  $200

Realistic Solo-4:  $30

AudioSource LS TWO outdoor:  $40

Triad Platinum Power Sub (18” with 1000w amp):  $600  <complete restoration of amp with new output transistors and multiple other components replaced)

Aragon 2004 MKII by Mondial (made by Krell designer):  $400

JBL Control 2.4G On Air Wireless:  $180

Sony SA-CT60:  $30

Sony SS CN100:  $20

Klipsch CF3 (single speaker):  $300 <needs some minor cosmetic finishing work done>

JBL 2445J compression driver with horn lens:  $150

Fender Bassman 4x100 guitar cabinet:  $250

Ibanez IBZ10G guitar amp:   $40

Added:

Crate GC-412TR 4x12 guitar cabinet:  $100

JBL S38 Studio series:  $50 <single speaker, missing grill.  Awesome for center channel>

JBL stage monitor wedges with 15”: $125 <not sure of model number>

LG Model LHS-95PAF skinny floor towers: $50

Concept 2.5 stereo receiver:  $300 <completely restored with all new output transistors>

Dynaco ST-400:  $600 <200 wpc stereo power amp>

I brought a LOT of stuff last year to sell because Christy told me "bring everything you have.  It will easily sell"....well....lol...that didn't quite happen.  I spent a ton of money bringing it all out there and only a very small number of items sold.  So this year I'm bringing only what people tell me they want and what will fit in the back of my SUV.  This is a PARTIAL list of what I have - I'll update it over the weekend when I have a chance to get out to my storage building and get a total inventory.  If you are interested in something, send me a message and let's work out the details BEFORE I bring anything out.  I do have pictures of almost everything, so if you want pics, send me a message.

For sale:

Klipsch Forte I  : $700

Klipsch KG3.2 (black):  $250

Klipsch KG3 (walnut):   $250

Klipsch R-15M:  $125

Infinity SM80:   $100 <These have brand new Dayton Audio woofers in them which actually improve the sound significantly.  The polycell tweeter was always the strong point of these speakers with criticism centered around the performance of the mid-bass. The Dayton woofers are much smoother and have better response than the stock Infinity woofers. >

Infinity SM112:  $220 <BRAND NEW Infinity woofers, not refoamed, these are new>

Advent Model 4002:  $175  <refoamed woofers>

Technics SB-S409:   $160  <BRAND NEW tweeters, BRAND NEW midranges in both, "new" used woofers, meaning that I found a set of woofers on eBay that came out of this same cabinet that were in like new condition and put them in.  No grills>

Realistic Mach II:  $350  <original woofer that is in good condition, did not need to refoam>

Sterling SE300 Cathedral   : $140

Sony SS-MF650H:   $110

Infinity RS5:  $140 <no grills>

Polk R30:  $110

M&K Volkswoofer:  $180  <refoamed>

Toby vintage:  $300 <model unknown, I brought these to Toby's offices in Ft Worth and based on evaluations they said build was between '67 and '71 based on components.  Refresh of crossover with new caps.  Toby measured all drivers and were within original spec)

Cerwin Vega L7:  $80

Kenwood 5 speaker set (KS-505HT center, KS-505HT surround (left and right) and JL-774 front L&R):  $200

Realistic Solo-4:  $30

AudioSource LS TWO outdoor:  $40

Triad Platinum Power Sub (18” with 1000w amp):  $600  <complete restoration of amp with new output transistors and multiple other components replaced)

Aragon 2004 MKII by Mondial (made by Krell designer):  $400

JBL Control 2.4G On Air Wireless:  $180

Sony SA-CT60:  $30

Sony SS CN100:  $20

Klipsch CF3 (single speaker):  $300 <needs some minor cosmetic finishing work done>

JBL 2445J compression driver with horn lens:  $150

Fender Bassman 4x100 guitar cabinet:  $250

Ibanez IBZ10G guitar amp:   $40

Added:

Crate GC-412TR 4x12 guitar cabinet:  $100

JBL S38 Studio series:  $50 <single speaker, missing grill.  Awesome for center channel>

JBL stage monitor wedges with 15”: $125 <not sure of model number>

LG Model LHS-95PAF skinny floor towers: $50

Concept 2.5 stereo receiver:  $300 <completely restored with all new output transistors>

Dynaco ST-400:  $600 <200 wpc stereo power amp>

Technics SB-A26:  $80

Technics S-820U:  $200

Klipsch Ref IV RF62 Black:  $175  <single speaker>

All you need now is a showroom Pat. Impressive list!

• Like 3

Just now, teaman said:

All you need now is a showroom Pat. Impressive list!

I probably have about 20 more pairs of speakers that I can't even remember what they are.  This list was from the top of my head.  This is only a list of the ones that are ready to sell.  I have a long list of speakers that need to be refoamed, about 6 turntables and maybe 20 AV receivers.  I'll go out to my storage this weekend to organize and list the rest of what I have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

You need Eldon's broad shoulders to help with the load 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dtel's wife said:
6 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I did tell you that I had a LOT of stuff....you said "that's fine, bring it all"

Wrong answer, you should be giving him crap for not bringing his stuff again!

You're married so you should know how us guys are.  It's very much a sign of respect for him to poke fun at you in exactly that way.  If he really was upset or bothered he wouldn't have said anything at all.  He would have waited until he saw you at the Pilgrimage then spilled a drink on you and fake "apologized" with a grin on his face.  😎

• Moderators
1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Wrong answer, you should be giving him crap for not bringing his stuff again!

You're married so you should know how us guys are.  It's very much a sign of respect for him to poke fun at you in exactly that way.  If he really was upset or bothered he wouldn't have said anything at all.  He would have waited until he saw you at the Pilgrimage then spilled a drink on you and fake "apologized" with a grin on his face.  😎

Hmmmm....no. I was very sick last year, as anyone in attendance was aware of. Apparently he didn’t realize how sick I was. I should not have even attended Pilgrimage. It took me almost two months to get over it. Pneumonia and severe allergies. I’m overly prepared this year!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

I’m overly prepared this year!  

Give him hell!  :D

Actually, I didn't realize you were so sick last year, and it's great to hear you are feeling better.

But seriously, Pat wasn't mad at you.  Most of us "good 'ol boys" don't include women in our little club.  He's treating you like one of the guys, the highest respect he could show you.  The proper reply is to double down and insist he quit whining and sell you his Forte I's for fifty bucks for the lousy way he treated you.  Tears are optional but extremely effective! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Give him hell!  :D

Actually, I didn't realize you were so sick last year, and it's great to hear you are feeling better.

But seriously, Pat wasn't mad at you.  Most of us "good 'ol boys" don't include women in our little club.  He's treating you like one of the guys, the highest respect he could show you.  The proper reply is to double down and insist he quit whining and sell you some Heresy's for fifty bucks for the lousy way he treated you.  Tears are optional but extremely effective! 

Actually we purchased an A/V receiver from him which we are EXTREMELY pleased with. I do not need Heresies, as I have a pair of originals and HIIs, in addition to all the other Klipsch in this house, including Quintets, RB75s, two pairs of Forte IIs, a pair of Forte IIIs, MWMs/402s, Cornwall IIIs and everything in between! It’s all good. Roy calls me a cry baby...must control my tears!!!  Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

Actually we purchased an A/V receiver from him which we are EXTREMELY pleased with. I do not need Heresies, as I have a pair of originals and HIIs, in addition to all the other Klipsch in this house, including Quintets, RB75s, two pairs of Forte IIs, a pair of Forte IIIs, MWMs/402s, Cornwall IIIs and everything in between! It’s all good. Roy calls me a cry baby...must control my tears!!!  Lol

Glad you're still enjoying the receiver. It seems like the real problem you have is trying to find the time to go from one room to the next to listen to all of the great speakers you have.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

Glad you're still enjoying the receiver. It seems like the real problem you have is trying to find the time to go from one room to the next to listen to all of the great speakers you have.

There’s never enough time during Pilgrimage planning!!!  

• Like 1