Synthesis Audio

Cody_Mack

Not familiar with that amp, but I like 6BQ5's, very detailed,excellent soundstage but need a little taming.

As an integrated amp it's only good for line stage and would present problems if you listen to vinyl.

You've already got excellent gear. Is this for the Hersey's or the Khorns?

You are already their sonic-wise, on speakers and signal so consider refining the source, for the source reveals all.

Thanks thebes. Actually I need to update my signature/gear...I can't figure out how to do it. Yes the EL84/6BQ5 is a very nice tube. Lots of midrange detail but with some punch in the low-end, too! As far as vinyl, I have an excellent Bottlehead Seduction phono stage that way out-performs both turntables that I have (nothing fancy).

Had a gentleman over to audition the Heresys for sale and he mentioned he had this amp. He was trying to low-ball me on the Heresys and when I wouldn't budge he offered the amp for trade (plus me giving up more cash). Like you said, I don't need the amp; was mostly curious because I had heard some fine Italian-made amps. Here's what a guy on a Facebook page said about the amp: "The Synthesis Ensemble is a fine amp (used to work for a dealer), BUT it is an older series (ca 2005) and is VERY picky on tubes..... You have to have 8 matched tubes or things can go terribly wrong. Bias is not user adjustable (unless you're a tecnician) and the amp does need some TLC every two years or so. Inother words, you need a good (and closeby) distributor."

I sold the Khorns last week, and I have two pair of 1983 Heresys; the fine WO pair is for sale in the Garage Sale. I'll probably keep the other pair long-term because I purchased them new in 1983. But what I am gearing up for now is the pair of CF-4s I scored from rockhound! I will probably pair them up with a bad-*** high-end SS power-house amp! At least that's what the experts here are telling me to do...ha!

Rick

• 2 months later...

Synthesis art in music are very good amps! I've got two Synthesis Roma 510AC amps with KT88 tubes, one is powering my klipsch palladium P-38 towers, the second one is powering my Forté's. In my office I use a Synthesis 96DC push pull el34 class A amp together with Heresy's. The Synthesis Soprano, the amp you mentioned I think is on his way to me. I am a big fan! These amps sound very good, are still made by hand and are affordable. The grandfather of Luigi, the founder of synthesis made transformers for VOX guitar amplifiers back in the day.