McIntosh boxes delayed

USNRET

I have been waiting on a shipping box for my Mc amp. I called today to give them a new cc number to use and asked when it might ship as it has been a little over two weeks. Parts guy told me that the box maker quit and that the service manager was building them when it has time; might be a while for a $200 box. :(

PSA for anyone ordering.

13 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Former life?

He's being punished in this life after reincarnation.  It all makes sense especially with the poltergeists in his house.  Of course, to your point, he's not helping himself out in this one.

^^have Pelican, going with what the buyer is asking for. I would never, ever, again ship a glass Mc in anything other than factory crates. I have been the receiver on THAT. The factory container for my MC2000 is unobtainium so using advice from AudioClassics the buyer allowed the 1.2KW crate.

We could enter dialog on that since the agreement is to strap preamp and amp (in factory containers, I have the preamp carton) to a pallet for pickup.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:39 PM, USNRET said:

^^have Pelican, going with what the buyer is asking for. I would never, ever, again ship a glass Mc in anything other than factory crates. I have been the receiver on THAT. The factory container for my MC2000 is unobtainium so using advice from AudioClassics the buyer allowed the 1.2KW crate.

We could enter dialog on that since the agreement is to strap preamp and amp (in factory containers, I have the preamp carton) to a pallet for pickup.

Fisher used to offer a wood box crating around all of the styrofoam. Most of the time this worked very well.

JJK

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, JJkizak said:

Two hundred for a shipping box? I don't even charge that for my artwork.

JJK

I'm sure others have similar stories, but their shipping containers are worth every cent. The MAC6700 I got yesterday had been lost, delayed, labels ripped off (prolly on the conveyor or whatever), the out box looked like total hell, signs of water exposure, corners crushed, gouges....basically everything UPS could throw at it. This is a 100 lb amp. I cracked it open and was greeted with a pristine inner box, perfect in every respect and of course inside that was a fresh and happy looking amp that is absolutely splendid.

They could actually charge more

I recently shipped a VRD back to Craig for some work and I used a Buckhorn shipping case, which was cheaper than a full blown pelican.

buckhornAR24201202.jpg

I placed the Amplifier (inside its original shipping box ) inside this hard case with padding. This is how I will be shipping from now on... layers of cardboard are not acceptable.

I mean look at what happened to my La Scalas that were shipped inside factory packaging... it's not enough even though the box is engineered.

58 minutes ago, rockhound said:

In addition to the boxes they are not making glass at the moment for older units. My MC2105 has been with Terry Dewick since May, waiting on glass.

This does not bode well.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to the Cornwall vault? That should do the trick. In all seriousness good luck with proper shipping boxes. One less headache when done right.

I'm 3 for 3 so far on round trips for my TFM-25 amps. Back an forth from East coast to Manny Moons audio in Oklahoma. Factory box with factory styrofoam placed in a bigger box with padding on all sides. First one at holiday time came back to me all wet and salty on the outside box.