Klipschorn Refresh

craigtone

I've been a Klipsch lover for decades and about 5 years ago I scored a set of Decorator K-horns with raw birch finish ... I had finally reached Klipschdom!  :D

I have been making incremental upgrades to the speakers with ALK CSW crossovers, Eliptrac HF horns with B&C DE10's and Crites cast woofers.  I decided to finally make them pretty to live up to the sound.  Veneer is composite Rosewood, backs painted satin black and K-400 painted with rubberized bedliner.

Enjoy the pics!

IMG_8659s.jpeg

IMG_8647s.jpeg

IMG_8672s.jpeg

IMG_8674s.jpeg

IMG_8675s.jpeg

• Like 4

The tweeters extend much further in the high end vs the stock so cymbals sound much more realistic to me now.

The crossover was the single most important improvement!  The sound was much more balanced without the harshness at the squawker crossover point.  Norah Jones Come Away With Me had several vocals that sounded like nails on a chalkboard but the crossover eliminated all of the harshness.

As for the Crites cast woofers ... I'll keep you posted as they are still breaking in!

Guest wdecho

Lovely, great job. Crossovers are the brains of a speaker system. Getting them right for ones environment is everything is a system.