Found Klipsch speaker

Mary S.

Found a speaker in my basement. No one remembers where it came from or remembers ever seeing it!. It is a black Klipsch Heresy speaker. Serial # 3881 Type HIP. Another number is AGC25. Cleaning out stuff.  Can anyone tell me what I should do with it?

Thanks, Mary

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Mary S. said:

Found a speaker in my basement. No one remembers where it came from or remembers ever seeing it!. It is a black Klipsch Heresy speaker. Serial # 3881 Type HIP. Another number is AGC25. Cleaning out stuff.  Can anyone tell me what I should do with it?

Thanks, Mary

Pictures would be great.

LOL!  It is a "professional" or PA speaker based on the Heresy.  HIP means Heresy Industrial/Professional".  AGC 2.5 is the fuse size.  :)  They are very good sounding, especially outdoors, but a little bright indoors because of reflections off the floor and walls.  It should have a slot at the bottom that is a port, just like many other home speakers. 

Yep, that's an HIP!  Needs a bath.  Except for the fuse, the bits on the rear input panel are connections to an amplifier, one is a 1/4" Jack and the other is for banana plugs, but is broken. 

There is only one?  Do you want to sell it?  Where is it?

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, JohnA said:

LOL!  It is a "professional" or PA speaker based on the Heresy.  HIP means Heresy Industrial/Professional".  AGC 2.5 is the fuse size.  :)  They are very good sounding, especially outdoors, but a little bright indoors because of reflections off the floor and walls.  It should have a slot at the bottom that is a port, just like many other home speakers. 

HIP=Heresy Industrial Ported